Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Ni no Kuni trailer hits the web, holy Mother of God...

• 63 results
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

See it for yourself:

This game is GORGEOUS! The production values must be so high that Level-5 would be crazy not to release this game out of Japan. Just look at this!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro
    @AuthenticM

That's the power of their custom MX-F40's coming to fruition.  

I'd like to see the DS game remade and brought to the 3DS in the West, along with all the accessories (Spell Book etc). Hopefully this will come out here, the amount of investment that's gone into the title pretty much demands that it does become a WW release. 

Level-5 re working on localising  few games at their new California office, hopefully this is one of them. 
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Oh, awesome! I was just wondering about this game the other day, but I'd forgotten what it was called... I really hope it does release outside of Japan.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg

Never heard of this before, but it looks kind of awesome..... scratch that, it looks incredibly amazing.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

I have been watching this game since announcement..... please bring it over to the US..

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Looks neat. Pretty impressive artistically/technically. 

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grissefar

Wow, it's actually getting a release in Japan this year. I hope we don't have to wait more than a year, like with Yakuza.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By I_smell

Nope, it just looks like a regular anime game. In terms of graphics it looks like a generic Dragonquest Wii thing, and in terms of what kinda game this is; I thought people had already stopped making JRPGs.

This looks like one in one hundred forgettable anime JRPGs, like Etrian Odyssey, like Arc Rise Fantasia, White Knight Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, fuckinnnn- Hexyz Force n all that other bullshit. How does anyone look forward to this??

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Wow, I almost forgot about this game. It looks fantastic.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@I_smell said:

Nope, it just looks like a regular anime game. In terms of graphics it looks like a generic Dragonquest Wii thing, and in terms of what kinda game this is; I thought people had already stopped making JRPGs.

This looks like one in one hundred forgettable anime JRPGs, like Etrian Odyssey, like Arc Rise Fantasia, White Knight Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, fuckinnnn- Hexyz Force n all that other bullshit. How does anyone look forward to this??

My Neighbour Totoro thinks you're a tasteless moron.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

@I_smell said:

I_smell your ignorance through my monitor.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grissefar

@I_smell said:

I_smell an asshole.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sgjackson

...damn, this looks incredible.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Vexxan

@JacDG said:

Never heard of this before, but it looks kind of awesome..... scratch that, it looks incredibly amazing.

You're so right.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Please let this be released in the west.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iDarktread

I would definitely buy this game. There are so many different, lovely environmental character animations going on, it's exactly how I wanted this game to look -- perfect.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Surkov

The Studio Ghibli parts look great. The world and battles look ok. I will try it regardless. 

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AuthenticM

@I_smell said:

How does anyone look forward to this??

Studio Ghibli

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McGhee

Oh WOW

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By zyn

Looks pretty awesome.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Soren

Awww shit son, this looks fantastic.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By jacksukeru

Looks really cool presentation wise, but the battles shown I just associate to so much jrpg crap I don't wanna have to deal with. Still, it's a first impression and I'll withould further judgement until I know how it actually plays, maybe that's awesome too.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By dietmango

Man, looks incredible. I was kind of bummed that it was only for the DS because I think that art style would look even more amazing on 1080p than it already is. But they are releasing it on the PS3 this year (in Japan anyway), so I'm more interested in this game than before.

It's hard to imagine Level-5 not localizing it outside of Japan. I don't know how White Knight Chronicles did in the West, but it seemed to to well for them sales-wise, because the second one is coming this September. Hopefully they announce both versions for NA/European releases next year at least. Plus, Studio Ghibli will probably help Ni no Kuni gain some hype.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ProfessorEss

Man Level 5 knows how to make crazy good looking games. 
    Nice to see something about this finally pop up, it's been so quiet for so long now. 

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Turambar

@I_smell said:

Someone doesn't seem to know what "detailed background and environment" means outside of "YO GREY GRIMEY TEXTURES."

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By I_smell

@Turambar said:

@I_smell said:

Someone doesn't seem to know what "detailed background and environment" means outside of "YO GREY GRIMEY TEXTURES."

Ok this is like the 5th insult I've got for being the only person who doesn't think this game is incredible. I'm not the one who's jaded here.

Most of the environments in this trailer are OPEN OVERWORLD FOREST. That's like every single Final Fantasy, every single Dragon Quest, every Zelda, Tales of Vesperia, that's every Japanses RPG that's come out since the beginning of time.

The main character is GUESS WHAT- a humble orphan boy who is reluctant to accept his destiny, but eventually grows into the role of greatness he was always destined for... I would come up with that as a joke. That's every Saturday morning cartoon, every children's anime, every Wii shovelware RPG I've ever heard of.

Does he run into wise old sages on the way, learn magic spells and fight dragons or what? Is his courage put to the test in the final act? Does he have a talking animal sidekick?

I GENUINELY thought people had stopped making games like this years ago when Blue Dragon came out. I don't understand for a second why you guys think this is amazing. It looks like a billion other PS2 games to me.

Also the art isn't great. Anime games have looked like this for like 5 years, and the lip syncing is like a circle that waves up n down.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grissefar

@I_smell said:

@Turambar said:

@I_smell said:

Ok this is like the 5th insult I've got for being the only person who doesn't think this game is incredible. I'm not the one who's jaded here.

Most of the environments in this trailer are OPEN OVERWORLD FOREST. That's like every single Final Fantasy, every single Dragon Quest, every Zelda, Tales of Vesperia, that's every Japanses RPG that's come out since the beginning of time.

The main character is GUESS WHAT- a humble orphan boy who is reluctant to accept his destiny, but eventually grows into the role of greatness he was always destined for... I would come up with that as a joke. That's every Saturday morning cartoon, every children's anime, every Wii shovelware RPG I've ever heard of.

Does he run into wise old sages on the way, learn magic spells and fight dragons or what? Is his courage put to the test in the final act?

I GENUINELY thought people had stopped making games like this years ago when Blue Dragon came out. I don't understand for a second why you guys think this is amazing. It looks like a billion other PS2 games to me.

Do you really have to get so mad just because the game isn't a grey FPS featuring a hairless, mucscular dude. I didn't think you could smell more.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By I_smell

... Unreal Tournament?? Is that what you're talking about?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Turambar

@I_smell: "I am not jaded." *reads the rest of the post* *points and laughs*

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hailinel

@I_smell said:

@Turambar said:

@I_smell said:

Does he run into wise old sages on the way, learn magic spells and fight dragons or what? Is his courage put to the test in the final act? Does he have a talking animal sidekick?

Also the art isn't great. Anime games have looked like this for like 5 years, and the lip syncing is like a circle that waves up n down.

Well, then you thought wrong. People still make these games because there are people that still enjoy them. If you can't, that's your problem. Not the game's.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#31  Edited By galiant

People in this thread who are attacking the guy that doesn't like the game are pretty silly. Grow the fuck up, he didn't like that thing that makes you all giddy. Big Fucking Whoop.

I think the art style looks great, but everything else about the game looks incredibly dull and generic.

EDIT: Added some F-words because my vocabulary is limited.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deusx

This looks delicious. Please release it for the western civilizations!!

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By benpack

Damn.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @GlenTennis said:

Damn.

Damn.
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By UnrealDP

Damn that looks pretty great! Hopefully someone in U.S sees how great this looks and brings it over.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's like playing a Studio Ghibli game albeit it's a young boy as a protagonist and there's slightly more violence instead. I've been really looking forward to this since they first announced it. But seriously, it looks incredible.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AuthenticM

@eroticfishcake said:

It's like playing a Studio Ghibli game...

It's not "like". It is playing a Studio Ghibli game. :)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By TheHT

D:

IT'S SO SMOOTHER

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#39  Edited By Icemael

It looks pretty, if nothing else.

Studio Ghibli should try working on a side-scroller sometime.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
    Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#40  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

Please let this come to America! It looks awesome!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SlightConfuse

looks great seems to br channeling myazaki.

hope it comes over here in some form

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel

@slightconfuse said:

looks great seems to br channeling myazaki.

hope it comes over here in some form

That would be the point, given that the game was produced with help from Studio Ghibli.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By musubi

@Cloudenvy said:

@GlenTennis said:

Damn.

Damn.

No Caption Provided
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Quacktastic

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Aetheldod

@AuthenticM said:

@eroticfishcake said:

It's like playing a Studio Ghibli game...

It's not "like". It is playing a Studio Ghibli game. :)

I ws goin to say that the art vibe was Ghibli - ish only to find out that Studio Ghibli is involved ... :D now on to the game itself I a bit skeptical in terms of gameplay , it is as some one else said , a bit JRPG generic , but I do hope Im proven wrong or that the game in its whole is good despite being another JRPG, or perhaps this game will rekindle my like for JRPGs , lets see first if it is brought to the west tho ... I do hope it does get here , as my fellow JRPGist duders need a new one :3

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't see the big deal. It looks like Tales of Vesperia mixed with Windwaker.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TehFlan
    @Galiant said:

People in this thread who are attacking the guy that doesn't like the game are pretty silly. Grow the fuck up, he didn't like that thing that makes you all giddy. Big Fucking Whoop.

I think the art style looks great, but everything else about the game looks incredibly dull and generic.

EDIT: Added some F-words because my vocabulary is limited.

I think the problem was more with him attacking the game in a way that was pretty much the opposite of civil discussion.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By OllyOxenFree

It does indeed look absolutely gorgeous but I don't think I'm feeling the combat system.

chet_rippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chet_rippo

If this was a movie I'd watch it, but the gameplay looks....eh.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Master_Funk

Yeah it looks incredible graphically.

Im not that upset about the battle gameplay. Looks like pretty normal JRPG system which I will tolerate to get to the awesome looking exploration stuff.

And I can really sense that Studio Ghibli touch even from the trailer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.