Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Any side quests like the Lighthouse quest from the first Nier?

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I bought Nier Automata this weekend and havn’t started playing it yet. Brad said on the bombast that the side quests were not original in terms of gameplay but had great writing.

Are there any side quests that are comparable to the lighthouse quest in the original? For the folks who played the first game I’m sure you’re aware of the gut punch that quest is and that it was ingeniously written. I won’t spoil anything for people who have not played it, but it’s incredibly sad and touching.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I’d say there are a lot of those type of quests in Automata, certainly a lot more emotional type side content than in the original.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Yeah a large majority of the side quests are like small little stories that you shouldn't miss out on. Significantly less farming for farming sake anyway. Less broken water wheels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Oh man I forgot about that quest in Nier.

The old man and his dog was always the goto quest like that which I remember from the game.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's a quest in Automata about a couple on the run that I think tops any other side quest from either game, but I'd also say the gut punch in that quest is the polar opposite to the lighthouse lady one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.