Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Club Nintendo Expiring Points

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So I bought a 3DS in December and I've collected about 350 points from Club Nintendo. I noticed a message at the top of the site saying points expire after 6/30. Is there no way to keep my points after this date? I would spend it on something but all the games they feature every month have not interested me at all. Its a little disappointing when there are services like PlayStation Plus that give away current generation games while Club Nintendo only hands out decade old game boy titles.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange

@xanadu said:

So I bought a 3DS in December and I've collected about 350 points from Club Nintendo. I noticed a message at the top of the site saying points expire after 6/30. Is there no way to keep my points after this date? I would spend it on something but all the games they feature every month have not interested me at all. Its a little disappointing when there are services like PlayStation Plus that give away current generation games while Club Nintendo only hands out decade old game boy titles.

Points expire 2 years after you first get them. The thing that happens after 6/30 is that your level resets (Silver, Gold, or Platinum). To check and see how many coins you have that are expiring click "Account & Coins" in the top right corner where your user name is.

No Caption Provided

After that click "Coins & Status" and it will tell you how many of your coins will expire.

No Caption Provided

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Superkenon

EDIT: Guess I should've refreshed the page before typing out a response. DarthOrange got ya covered already!!

6/30 is the end of the Nintendo Club year when the gold/elite points are tallied and reset for the new year, but you won't necessarily lose your coins then. Go into your account page and check Coins & Status, and it'll tell you there whether you personally have coins expiring (it tells me I've got 0 coins expiring, even though I've got some sitting there from last gen, so surely you're fine).

I think the Club is fun. It's kind of a random grab-bag and you'll never know what's there, but it's fun. I like the swag.

Totally ordered that Pikmin tote.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xanadu

Oh, sweet! Thanks for that info duders. Guess I got about a year to wait for a game I actually want. I almost just downloaded that stupid kirby game too.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't get points here we just get the stars here and I lost lots a while ago coz I didn't even know they would expire :(

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

There's no such thing as a stupid Kirby game.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordandrew: ok. I'll admit, I took my frustrations out on Kirby a little bit. I'm sorry Kirby.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cabbages said:

We don't get points here we just get the stars here and I lost lots a while ago coz I didn't even know they would expire :(

Yep, same thing happened to my girlfriend. The fact we can lose our collected stars after a set period of time is ridiculous, especially considering just how many you need to get anything worthwhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.