Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Is it for me ?

elandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elandir

Hello there !

i own a PS3 and i have been a playstation guy since early days. My one and only nintendo console was the SNES, i was 5 by that time.

I've been kinda bored with my PS3, i'm looking for a different gameplay, different gimicks and clever mechanics in my games... kinda tired of the ultra productions with amazing cutscenes and "accessible" gameplay.

Do you, 3DS owners, think i'd benefit from a 3DS right now ? ooh and 3D is not something i enjoy much, my head hurts watching long 3D movies.

blessey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blessey

@elandir: I'd say go for it.

We haven't seen yet that much creativity on the 3DS retail wise, but it's probably comming. On eShop though, you have several titles that might interest you.

But what we have seen is a mass amount of weird and different DS games, that are compatible with the 3DS.

Since you missed this generation of handheld gaming, now would be a good time to jump in, while DS titles are still widely available.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver

There are so few games out for both the vita and 3DS, where I wouldn't recommend either right now. But if you want a few things in the library, I think the 3ds is a safe bet.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I think it's a good buy, there are some great games out for the system at the moment. And you could always turn the 3D off if you aren't a fan.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ExplodeMode

Depends on the type of games you liked on PS1/2 that you aren't getting right now on PS3. But if you like Japanese games at all, I'd recommend it. Sony consoles and Nintendo handhelds have been a pretty great combination, in my opinion. Check out the upcoming 3DS stuff and the original DS library to see if it's for you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I guess it depends on how badly you want Super Mario 3D Land.

i'm looking for a different gameplay, different gimicks and clever mechanics in my games... kinda tired of the ultra productions with amazing cutscenes and "accessible" gameplay.

Have you looked into PC's? There's a whole lot of games that aren't "ultra produced" nor "accessible" in the "dumbed down so even the stupidest can play it" sense.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By FreakAche

There's a lot of cool stuff on the 3DS. Go for it! Also, don't write off the 3D just yet. My eyes tend to get sore by the end of 3D movies, but I don't seem to have this problem on the 3DS. I'm not really sure why, maybe it's a viewing angle thing. I actually play with the 3D slider turned all the way up.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Sooty

Get a DS Lite instead.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAGZine

@Sooty: this is probably a dumb idea.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Sooty

@MAGZine said:

@Sooty: this is probably a dumb idea.

Well if he wants a lot of quirky different games then there's no better place!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sayishere

Best time to go for it

elandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By elandir

3DS is compatible with DSI and DS games, ain't it ?

I rather go with the latest tech... i never played Ocarina of Time and its a classic i do want to play. As i said, i've been playing PS games since forever (14 years to be correct), all nintendo stuff will feel new to me.

How is the online play with the 3DS ?!

oooh and about the accessories and the XL... would you tell me what is worth having ?

A friend of mine is selling his 3DS for a reasonable price... Maybe i'll go for it.

elandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By elandir

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.