Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Super Nintendo n3DSXL edition announced - Amazon exclusive

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jakoo_P

This was a nice surprise to find when hitting Amazon this morning.

No Caption Provided

I just preordered mine now, but almost feel like a sucker because as a current N3DS XL owner, there is literally no reason for me to own this other then the aesthetics. However, the SNES is the console that got me into gaming and I do feel like it will be a fun toy for me to clear out some of the 3DS games I've slept on this year like Metroid and Fire Emblem. This version also comes with a copy of Super Mario Kart, because why the hell not?

Anyone else interested in this, or is it too late in the 3DS lifespan to pick up a limited edition version?

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Scottjay01

200 bucks dude their phasing out the thing, 70 or 80 bucks more and you could get a switch, next pokemon is on that!

The 3DS is a great system though, like you I got one already, its cool but I think its a tad too late for them to put this out.

derachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For me, it's yes to both. After the Super Famicom and EU SNES n3DSXLs, I only assumed it'd be a matter of time until we saw this. I personally think it looks fantastic, and the SNES fan in me really wants one, but the responsible adult in me knows I already have a n3DSXL and I definitely don't need this.

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

200 bucks dude their phasing out the thing, 70 or 80 bucks more and you could get a switch, next pokemon is on that!

The 3DS is a great system though, like you I got one already, its cool but I think its a tad too late for them to put this out.

Lol I have a Switch as well already. A buddy of mine still has the original 3ds so I am thinking I can sell my XL to him and can always cancel my pre-order if he's not down to buy it. I just wanted to strike while the iron was hot!

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool, but likely dual TN panels at this stage of the lifespan.

What does this mean for a laymen per se? Is the quality lower then some of the original n3DS XL models?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I traded in my N3DS for a N2DSXL (So many letters and numbers!) about a month or so ago because I missed the bigger screen/form factor. This really makes me want to go check the prices on electronic bay dot com and see how much that 2DS will recoup me if I buy one of these. I hate that I'm such a sucker.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They almost got me with the Pokeball 2DS XL, but since I already have a 3DS XL and the handheld is on its way out it's really not worth buying unless you don't have any 3ds at all. This SNES version is cool, but still not worth it for me.

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakoo_p: if it’s your only DS you might not notice. If you’ve ever had an IPS screened one, it may be hard to go back. IPS is the tech in the Switch screen and why it looks so good. TN screens are used in PC monitors where their “ms” latency/response time can help pro gamers, and TN’s flaws (picture blurs and loses color if you tilt it the wrong way or don’t look straight on) are less important because most people do look at a monitor close and squared up.

Specifically on 3DS, it can help the image stay clear and stay 3D when tilting the system around in your hands (say any AR stuff) or times when intense button mashing or your instinct to kinda turn the DS like a steering wheel a bit when playing M Kart,

Less dramatic notice when viewed direct forward (just a tad less vibrant and clear on the TN on the right https://m.imgur.com/Ni7UKgI

Or more pronounced when viewed not straight on https://goo.gl/images/oE2MGo

Damn, thanks for these details. I was an early adopter on the 3DS so perhaps I had an IPS screen, however, I guess my eye isn't keen enough to tell the details haha

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be interested in it if it ends up coming to Canada. Not on Amazon.ca yet, at least.

There's still a bunch of 3DS games on the way through next year that I'm interested in. Probably picking up Etrian Odyssey V today, and there's still Persona Q2, the Strange Journey remake, and Pokemon Ultra Sun... And the first two of those I wouldn't want to play on a system that didn't support a second screen...

It would be nice, though, if there was another wave of VC SNES games hitting the 3DS with this thing.

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice, though, if there was another wave of VC SNES games hitting the 3DS with this thing.

This is something that is so ridiculously logical, and yet, probably won't happen lol.

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it include Dante from the Devil May Cry Series?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.