Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

What is the best 3DS XL bundle

Avatar image for christopherson329
    christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

My birthday is coming up soon and i was gonna ask for a 3DS XL which bundle is the best and cheapest bundle.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Is there any difference to the 3DS XL beyond colors? I don't think there are any bundles with games unless I'm mistaken. Anyway if your from the U.S., Target will have the 3DS XL on sale for $159.99 from 3/24 through 3/30.

Where I got the info.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By egg

Oh wow, I didn't know the Target deal was for non-Pikachu models too.

Gotta find a Target near me.. and fast.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fire Emblem Awakening bundle is gorgeous, and so is the Zelda skin, of course you've to like this games in the first place.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

When I bought one as a Christmas gift for someone I recall that the Blue Bundle had Mario Kart 7 preinstalled, and the Red bundle had Super Mario 3D land preinstalled. Pika already mentioned that there's a good looking Fire Emblem bundle available right now, so really you're getting a good game with whichever package you buy.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DystopiaX

@egg: Non-XL models will be 129.99, which I think I might pick up. Don't know that there's necessarily a clear advantage to the XL, the screen size doesn't bother me and I honestly might prefer a sharper image.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd buy the Pikachu 3DS XL because it has a Pikachu on it.

No Caption Provided
    egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other news, Club Nintendo is offering a free downloadable game if you buy (or recently bought) an XL and then buy either Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

You can choose one of five free games including Super Mario 3D Land, Art Academy, Starfox 64, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask, and Freakyforms Deluxe.

Source: http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I buy Luigi's Mansion just to get the free game, then plow through Luigi's Mansion and then sell it right away? Because I am strongly considering doing that.

@egg: Non-XL models will be 129.99, which I think I might pick up. Don't know that there's necessarily a clear advantage to the XL, the screen size doesn't bother me and I honestly might prefer a sharper image.

Thanks. I did find out that both models are on sale, but I definitely want the XL model.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DystopiaX

@snail: My only problem with that is when you flip the cover up pikachu will be upside down.

Plus I don't like the full character thing, I'd rather have the triforce/FE special edition one where the design is neat but not as ostentatious.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By egg

I think the upside down Pikachu is on purpose, to look like it's hanging upside down from a tree branch or something. Which is supposed to be cute I guess. :I

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@egg said:

In other news, Club Nintendo is offering a free downloadable game if you buy (or recently bought) an XL and then buy either Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

You can choose one of five free games including Super Mario 3D Land, Art Academy, Starfox 64, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask, and Freakyforms Deluxe.

Source: http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I buy Luigi's Mansion just to get the free game, then plow through Luigi's Mansion and then sell it right away? Because I am strongly considering doing that.

In theory yeah you could just do thst. The only thing you need from Luigi's Mansion is the code to register then once you do that with the 3DS XL I imagine at that point you can get your free game.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By egg

I was considering not even playing Luigi's Mansion, just selling it or trading it in. :p It's funny how even that is a way of getting Mario 3D Land at a substantial discount.

Granted there's no reason not to play Luigi's Mansion before selling it, but still... That's pretty neat.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By markini6

You lucky bastards, just had a look on the European site and can see no such offer, and doubt the US offer would work with an EU console and EU E-Shop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.