Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

After initially being down on the Switch I am coming around on it by thinking about it a certain way

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looking past the Joycon crap, I like to think of the Switch as a PS Vita with an HDMI port... or a Vita TV with a screen... but with Nintendo games instead of Sony games. That sounds pretty appealing to me. The kind of experiences Sony was trying to push on the Vita did not work but the indie selection seemed to be a real selling point. I only hope that Nintendo can draw support from indie devs which should be a lot easier to develop for than the 3DS. I am not rushing out to buy one anytime soon (it is even $50 more than the VIta at launch) but I am kind of getting excited for it. I just hope that Nintendo will wisen up and release a SKU to cheapen the Joycons by removing the gimmick bullshit that no one will ever use.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I loved the Vita, especially once PS4 crossplay was introduced. So yeah, that's what I've been thinking of and why the Switch could be dope.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
    Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope that Nintendo will wisen up and release a SKU to cheapen the Joycons by removing the gimmick bullshit that no one will ever use.

This would be nice, similarly to how Microsoft started releasing Xbox Ones without Kinect. However, Nintendo is not Microsoft. Nintendo will double down on their weird ideas sooner than abandoning them and admitting defeat.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
    GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more worried about the games situation. Once you take out all the ports they added to help fill it out, this year looks very similar to the first year of the Wii U, maybe worse. Mario is pretty much all we got. I'm worried the rest will go the same too, with about one good game a year and a lot of old Nintendo staples ending up as shadows of their former selves.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped the WiiU and I'm overall pretty excited for the Switch.

Zelda, Tetris, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart, Mario, Splatoon, maaaaybe Bomberman is more than enough of a year 1 for me.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Now you're cooking with gas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.