Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Does every game change to English if the system language is set to English?

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My only option to play Zelda is to buy a Japanese Switch and a Japanese copy of Zelda, but I'm concerned not every game will change to English if the system language is set to English. I know in the stream it seemed like every game that Jeff played from Japan was in English, but I just need to be sure before I buy the Japanese version of Zelda.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

It's not universal, so you should try to research Zelda specifically to see what the Japanese version supports. I haven't heard one way or the other.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

Conveniently, there's a NeoGAF post by a guy I know on Twitter that covers the languages for the Japanese launch lineup specifically here. For Zelda, you're in luck! That'll run in English. I assume all you have to do to get it to play nice is have an account with the system language set to English or the region set to an English-speaking territory if that option isn't available in-game outright.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

From my experience, region-free Nintendo games (first party) will adhere to the system language and as long as English is supported, it'll change the game into English.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.