Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo's Conference

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By chewii101

I thought this was the weakest of the conferences but much better than their last year's conference. Decent software announcements with a big push on the Wii-Motion Plus peripheral. Highlights of the show:

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2: Awesome announcement. I loved the first one and still think it is the best game available on the Wii. Hope this game innovates or else it'll feel like deja vu. Maybe the reason for the first time a second full Mario game to be released on the same console is because of the complaints of the lack of software for the Wii?
    2) Golden Sun DS: Yes! After a six-year hiatus, this great franchise is finally back. Played me ton of Golden Sun on the old GBA SP. Can't wait!
    3) Metroid: Other M: Meh. Looks like a Ninja Gaiden with Samus slapped on. Bigger question is who the eff is making this game.
    4) Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS: Completing the trifecta of Nintendo franchises comes Link in a choo-choo train. Played halfway through Phantom Hourglass and will probably pick this up for the DS.
    5) Wii Sports Resort: Probably my must-buy (besides SMG 2) of this conference. Mostly because of the Wii-Motion Plus add-in and that whenever people come over, its all about the Wii Sports.
    6) Vitality peripheral: Hope they showcase some "games" for this soon
    chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By chewii101

I thought this was the weakest of the conferences but much better than their last year's conference. Decent software announcements with a big push on the Wii-Motion Plus peripheral. Highlights of the show:

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2: Awesome announcement. I loved the first one and still think it is the best game available on the Wii. Hope this game innovates or else it'll feel like deja vu. Maybe the reason for the first time a second full Mario game to be released on the same console is because of the complaints of the lack of software for the Wii?
    2) Golden Sun DS: Yes! After a six-year hiatus, this great franchise is finally back. Played me ton of Golden Sun on the old GBA SP. Can't wait!
    3) Metroid: Other M: Meh. Looks like a Ninja Gaiden with Samus slapped on. Bigger question is who the eff is making this game.
    4) Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS: Completing the trifecta of Nintendo franchises comes Link in a choo-choo train. Played halfway through Phantom Hourglass and will probably pick this up for the DS.
    5) Wii Sports Resort: Probably my must-buy (besides SMG 2) of this conference. Mostly because of the Wii-Motion Plus add-in and that whenever people come over, its all about the Wii Sports.
    6) Vitality peripheral: Hope they showcase some "games" for this soon
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Good summary. I wasnt that interested in either of the mario announcements, but golden sun and metroid are all it takes to make me happy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.