Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

How's everyone liking this game?

• 113 results
    ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: Really? I never noticed the blobs appear on NG+ or Twilight. Though by that point the gear I had was so brokenly high damage that I beat the boss on first phase.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By BoOzak

@zevvion: Yeah that was kind of lazy and hilarious. They had the exact same impetent flop ;p

The entire last level reminded me of NG, I really wish there were more levels in the game that had that kind of spectacle.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost 70 hours into the game and I really can't wait for it to end. I'm exhausted. I never really felt this way during the Souls games. I think the problem with Nioh is that the level design is usually boring, nothing really changes or evolves over the course of the game, there's too much repetition, and sometimes I feel like this game hates me.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzuel: 70 hours? Wow, you must be combing each level for every Kodama, Spa etc on your first run.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@razzuel said:

I'm almost 70 hours into the game and I really can't wait for it to end. I'm exhausted. I never really felt this way during the Souls games. I think the problem with Nioh is that the level design is usually boring, nothing really changes or evolves over the course of the game, there's too much repetition, and sometimes I feel like this game hates me.

I don't think I have as much time as you but I'll echo the repetitiveness as being my least favorite part. I got the feeling there would be little enemy variety very early in the game and I'm disappointed how right I was.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: Yeah, I've been getting the kodama and hot springs. It helps that they provide some pretty useful bonuses (more frequent elixirs and health regen). I've been doing every sub mission too. I'm guessing most people aren't doing that? Usually I feel pretty powerful doing everything in a Souls game, but not in Nioh, even though I'm also using an axe and heavy armor. This far into the game and I can still get wrecked in a split second if I'm not extra careful. Those dual sword yoki, wheelmonks, and raven tengu are the worst.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzuel: I was collecting all Kodama and doing all Sub Missions up until a point. I ran into the same issue as you and most people in this thread it seems that the game became repetitive so I stopped going out of my way to get Kodama and skipped several sub missions. I did accidentally get all the hotsprings though.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

@razzuel: 70 hours? Wow, you must be combing each level for every Kodama, Spa etc on your first run.

If he's like me then he spent six hours trying to bop Onryoki and Hino-Emna. I'm short three kodamas, I think. Went into Way of the Strong but Onryoki's ball attacks are ending my attempts. He gets more of them, by the looks of it. At least the side stuff's unlocked so you can skip ahead and get some improved gear for improved motes of li... Damn it.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@ivdamke said:

You can easily get 70 hours if you engage with the loot aspect and all the side-missions. I usually have 15 min of downtime between missions just by sorting stuff and seeing if I can craft something good. The game is too long for its own good.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ivdamke

@zevvion: Yea I got to the point where I decided loot was worthless to worry about upgrading so I never even looked at the stats or did management. I just went black smith > disassemble and went onto the next mission. I didn't even pay attention to my Amrita much either.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm done with this. NG+ just seems to revert things back to the Alpha where everything takes too long to hit and you're too weak to survive. On top of that, the gear is harder to come by.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@shindig: It's pretty easy when you get some good divine weapons. Especially into the +3's or so. That said, I'm also done with it. It was fun, but it also kind of drained me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By NTM

Oh yeah, I finished this game yesterday morning. It was great. It took me 80 hours. I went through the game with an Axe all the way through and pretty much used the same move-set all the way through. The game was definitely one where you had to focus or you could die, but I didn't have much issue getting through. The only enemy that gave me trouble was the bird-like yokai (forget the name of it), and the only boss to give me issue, where I had to stop and upgrade for a few hours, was the big skeleton boss. That said, like the Souls games my heart rate would go up when I was about done defeating a boss. Now I'm onto Horizon Zero Dawn and played it for what might have been nine hours even though it didn't seem like it. I took a few breaks, like dinner and what have you, but in all that time I don't feel like I did much in terms of side missions or main missions. Upgrading for the things I need went fast, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.