Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nippon Ichi Software Inc.

Company »

A Japanese developer founded in 1994, Nippon Ichi is best known for the Disgaea series and other strategic role-playing games.

Disgaea Wii on the way?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Siliconera have spotted that Japanese developer Nippon Ichi is already working on a WiiWare game. According to a list of upcoming WiiWare titles, the developer behind the Strategy RPG Disgaea DS is working on a new game called Let's Hitch-Hike, which is only a temporary name as of now.

On March 2009 this game launches on the download service in Japan.

This news comes when Nippon Ichi confirms it is now a officially licensed Wii developer, opening up hope for the Disgaea franchise and more to head to Wii in the near future.

Anyone for Disgaea Wii?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I like to think it involves hitchhiking Prinnies.

Oh, and Disgaea 3 for the Wii. You heard it here first, dood. ;-)

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SpinCookie
    LordAndrew said:
    "I like to think it involves hitchhiking Prinnies.

Oh, and Disgaea 3 for the Wii. You heard it here first, dood. ;-)"
    Disgaea 3 could easily run on the Wii (wonders why the PS3 version doesn't look better) .  But how many versions of the first Disgaea do we need.  I'd prefer it to be an original IP or a new Disgaea spin off game or something.  Disgaea is a huge, and very long game, I'm not really gonna play it again starting from the beginning, if anything I'll keep leveling my guys in the PSP version.  But hey, I'm all for NIS supporting the Wii in anyway, but I hope it's something new, or different.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

SpinCookie
    said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "I like to think it involves hitchhiking Prinnies.

Oh, and Disgaea 3 for the Wii. You heard it here first, dood. ;-)"
    Disgaea 3 could easily run on the Wii (wonders why the PS3 version doesn't look better) .  But how many versions of the first Disgaea do we need.  I'd prefer it to be an original IP or a new Disgaea spin off game or something.  Disgaea is a huge, and very long game, I'm not really gonna play it again starting from the beginning, if anything I'll keep leveling my guys in the PSP version.  But hey, I'm all for NIS supporting the Wii in anyway, but I hope it's something new, or different."

I am all for a Wii version, I would love Wii controls akin to those in the DS game. It's not like it's going to come at the cost of something new, when they already have something new available soon. Wii Ware is a great testing ground for stuff that is new, and I reckon NIS will exploit that,  I think we will see such games influencing the disc games they make. I hope to see great games on both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.