Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

This seems like the perfect VR game

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Granted I've never had the opportunity to use the proper VR headsets, but after spending sometime with No Man's Sky I have to imagine that it would translate beautifully.

(If they didn't muck up the PC release)

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Teddie

Considering how much time you spend sifting through menus and micromanaging your life support/radiation/equipment, I'm gonna say it'd need a few adjustments to be a "perfect" VR game. I'd be all for a VR version if they put in the option for a pure exploration-based mode, though.

And thinking about it, they might need to fix their animal/object collisions so that you don't just clip through it all. Experiencing that stuff is awful in VR.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

If Elite dangerous got it right, I feel like No man's sky could too. Although they would have to spend a good bit of time to rework it for Vr. I tried our ED on my rift a month or so ago, and thought it was amazing. Unfortunately the gameplay loop didn't quite stick with me. No Man's Sky might do better for me in that respect though. I saw Sean Murray edge his way around the question in one interview, and it doesn't really seem like it's on their docket right now. Who knows though?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.