Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is the second installment of Grasshopper Manufacture's surreal action series on the Nintendo Wii. Taking place three years after the original game's conclusion, the sequel streamlines many of that games features into a more tightly paced adventure.

Suda 51 - "It's Like Taking A S***"

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    No Caption Provided
    I've just been reading a cool and comical interview with Goichi Suda in Edge Magazine. In this months August issue, Goichi sheds some shining light on the No More Heroes franchise, and the hotly anticipated sequel, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

At the very start of the interview, Suda-san says the following in respect to No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle.

Edge Magazine (204):
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Well I for one hope he has a severe case of the shits with this sequel.

A few quotes from the interview:
    "You'll find the AI very improved"
    "There's more variation in their styles, so more variation in the experience -they fight according to their type"
    "I'm not interested in creating something for purely commercial purpose. I'm focused on creating something unique"
    "Otaku culture actually has a lot of power"
    "My definition of an Otaku is that it's a person with a lot of power - who pours that power into something they are really into along with others" ...And Is Goichi Suda an Otaku?"   Yes!, [laughs] I'm an Otaku, I've been an Otaku since I was in Kindergarten"
    "Suda spent time considering other weapons for Travis, including Beam Whips (-thought about that myself), Nunchuku, and even a projectile weapon. "But the image of Travis with the Beam Katana was so strong, I couldn't risk changing it. The sword is Travis's true identity, he's in many ways a modern Samurai."
    "He gets to pilot a giant robot, this lets you fight on a larger scale - there will be plenty more variety as well"
    "This game will be like one and a half times the size of the original - this is mainly due to the fact we have so many new and cool bosses"
    "Defeating a boss brings up a Super Mario Bros style flag sequence, where Travis walks away in 2D and gets on his bike"
    "There's a very important difference to how the game now looks -"Weve introduced high dynamic range rendering as well as effects like motion blur - the game has improve, shifted closer to the vision I really wanted to deliver In terms of the world we use a smaller portion of the town, because players told us it was too big in the first game and, as this sequel is very much focused on Travis, I wanted the world more centered on his everyday life"

In other Suda 51 news, Goichi recently spoke about his latest DS release, Flower, Sun and Rain, stating its main character, Sumio Mondo, will return, but the prequel may not. Speaking in an interview with Cubed3.com, that will be posted in a few days, Suda-san was asked about whether or not he would like to return to making adventure games such as Flower, Sun and Rain. (- launched in the US last month).

Suda
    -
    "If there is a chance, of course, I would like to make adventure games, but I have no plan right now. However, I am interested in making a new Mondo related story for new hardware"

On the question of whether or not "The Silver Case" will finally be released on the Nintendo DS, and if some of his older games like Moonlight Syndrome will eventually make a re-appearance, this is what he had to say on the matter:

"The DS version of "Silver Case" is still up in the air. Actually, the game has already been completely ported to the DS, but I have decided that the game itself is very old. Therefore, it is certainly necessary to remake it properly to fit in with the current generation of gamers. So, for now the game has not been released"

"As for the "Moonlight Syndrome" IP, unfortunately it doesn't belong to Grasshopper, meaning we cannot do anything for that right now"...

Thanks to Edge Magazine & Cubed3

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Any word on MotionPlus?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

He's like a batshit version of Ueda.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893

Why did you star out the swear words in the post? I understand the title, but why the post?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Why did you star out the swear words in the post? I understand the title, but why the post? "

Just me being polite, a very English trait, along with swearing profusely.

Added quotes from the interview in the OP

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

I dont know if you guys know, but taking a shit can feel good, painful or both.  I can't really say which is the case for this guy.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well he's saying it was like so because he felt like he was getting rid of weight, mental baggage, like exorcising, shit.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'd like to see more involved blocking. I was mostly using high and rarely low, enemies didn't indicate what way they'd hit. Similar for the actual attacking. Maybe with some visual cues (perhaps in the lock-on targeting circle's color?) they can make that a more integral aspect of the game.

That mech should be cool, I wonder if you use it in the city during an event, it sounds too big to fit in just another indoor level or something.

Also, it sounds short. 5 times the bosses but 1.5 times the length of the first? I guess that's cool too, it should be a much denser experience, but at least that alone indicates the open world is probably not as involving as some may have wanted, though personally I didn't think they'd expand it all that much, it's just not what the game's been about, and to make the sequel about that they'd probably need another year in development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.