Something went wrong. Try again later

Seems Zelda-like, and now out on PC. Anybody played it?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#1 fisk0  Moderator

So, I just saw this game on the GOG storefront and it looks a lot like The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Looks can be deceiving though, especially since it was originally released on iOS, so I wonder if anybody here has played it?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VierasTalo

Yes! I played it on an iPad. It's pretty much a Zelda-game. A really, really good one. Like, holy shit. It might be my favorite iOS-game. And I can imagine it'll control even better with a gamepad if the support is there.

I would kind of want to compare it to Alundra because Alundra was just the PS1-Zelda. This is the iOS-Zelda in much the same way.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By monetarydread

Its an old iPhone game that I recently played using my PS4 controller. It's decent, but I felt that it was repetitive, slow, and sometimes confusing with its design decisions. If GOG is selling it for $5 or less (it is on sale on IOS about once every other month) then it is worth picking up, but I would avoid it if they are charging more than that.

When I say it is slow, I am talking about taking ten-fifteen seconds to go from left-to right. It feels like a Zelda game where Link is constantly in the underwater temple.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fisk0  Moderator

@vierastalo: Steam has it tagged as featuring full controller support, so maybe I'll have to check it out then.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like the sort of thing that everyone considers awesome on a phone because everything else is shit, but then when put on a PC is just mediocre at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am waiting for a quicklook before I dive in.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fisk0  Moderator

I am waiting for a quicklook before I dive in.

May be the wisest choice. When I created the thread I could only see the game on GOG, thanks to Steam's "personalized storefront" which hides all games that aren't MOBAs or early access zombie survival games.

The staff generally haven't touched GOG exclusive indie titles, but since it's on Steam we could hope it gets some coverage.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

played about 2 hours and it's ok game. It's Zelda clone that could be enjoyable especially if you haven't played much of the original. Like someone else pointed out it feels a bit slow.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Well I am obviously late to the party on this one, but I just got done playing this for about an hour or so. I am really liking what I have played so far, pretty good Zelda type game on the PC (which is where I am playing it).

Also, it is currently in the first tier of the Humble Jumbo Bundle 6 on Humble Bundle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.