Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Worst EA/Origin Horror Story Yet

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Vodun

It's amazing how a single image and rumors of "I've heard someone else had this happen too!" can stir people up...no wonder some unfortunately intelligent women got set light to in the past.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By Red12b

@DonPixel said:

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

And people WONDER why some of us are sticking with Call of Duty for Christmas...

Not really, whatever floats your boat man godspeed to you.

heh

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047
    deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I also got charged a second time for BF3 on the 30th of October. I have since sent a email and haven't received a reply. Thing is, it is almost impossible to contact some of the higher tier CSR to get this solved. Also EA have no PR that I know of that you could talk to on twitter or something to get this solved. zh1nto is the closest that fits that category but I doubt he could get this solved. I have a debit card attached to my origin so my account has already been debited. I'd rather some compensation from EA, than having to jump through hoops to get the money back from the bank.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Azteck
    @xenexprime said:

@Azteck said:

A friend of mine paid for BF3 about a week ago, and had been playing quite a lot since he bought it. Then yesterday when he came home, he found that he had been banned for "fraudulent activities" and that his copy of BF3 was completely gone from his origin account. Support didn't tell him anything, and after spending almost two hours talking to them, he at least got a refund, but no one would tell him why the hell they would ban him. So yes, I am of the opinion that EA is pretty fucking bad, and their customer support is utter shit, and I've experienced it myself on several occasions.

He Probably Played in a Cracked Server like they were warned not to in many news articles floating around, if people Informed themselves more things wouldn't happen to them.

This is Standard stuff for all companies, like Microsoft Warning MW3 owners not to play before release date or they will be banned from Live, if your dumb enough to do it even after being warned then I don't see why anyone should take your crying seriously.

I have deal with EA Support many times as a Warhammer Subscriber and I have always gotten excellent support because you have to know how to talk to them and always keep your cool, yelling and screaming will not get you help.

Oh give me a fucking break. You can't honestly believe that everyone who plays games read forums every day and know about the shit we do. My friend, the one I wrote about, is not the type to read all about every little thing that happens to BF3, he just likes playing it. How can you blame him then? Besides, the cracked servers were for the Beta and even then you couldn't keep check of what was legit or not. So do not come to me and call people dumb just because they don't do what we do and read gaming forums every day. So take your flame-bait opinions and go somewhere else because you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By mazik765

Just to play the devil's advocate...I find it hard to believe that several customer service reps just hung up on a customer calmly explaining their problem, especially in the case of the language used in this article. I've dealt with some shitty customer service agents, but I find it more likely that he was more aggressive to these reps then he lets on. Still sucks he was charged twice though.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By DAFTPUNK

that's fucking ridiculous!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#108  Edited By fox01313

@pw2566ch:

Well that is entirely possible though EA's customer support has been less than helpful at getting Spore on this pc to work thanks to that crappy DRM or other things done in the install/uninstall that makes it unfunctional to load the game back on the same pc later. Though you'd think by now they could easily make it to where the earlier EA games would work with Origin. Thx for the information.

reelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By reelife

Yes I got a story for ya. I bought bad company 2 and enjoyed the hell out of the multiplayer for about 2 months. Then everything got weird, I got disconnected all the time from EA servers. It didn't matter what I was doing, I could play for about 5 minutes then *pop*...

I talked to EA support allot of times and they are slow retarded lazy idiots. They kept telling me to "delete the documents in my documents"............ Yeah, OR re-install the game, OR download it again. I gave up 6 months ago. BTW it's not working today.

Also when BF3 arrived the activation server was down (which I didn't know at the time). After 3 hours of, waiting for support, talking to support, waiting for another support after the first support disconnected, talking to the second support, waiting for an answer for about 30 min, finding the answer myself on Battlelog, asking the support about it, getting an answer to delete my documents (yes it's true, also re-install the game), getting mad at the support demanding an answer and I finally got it.

Seriously stop hiring Mexicans as chat support people.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By 234r2we232

Ouch. Well, that is what you'll get for buying and playing EA games. Don't they warn you about these things in school?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had no issues whatsoever with Origin. Everything works and the downloads are faster than Steam. That being said. I still don't use it unless the game i want to play requires it, or on the rare occasion that they have a good sale (Bad Company 2 for $1 comes to mind).

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey lads!

Any of you lot ever experienced that after an update EA Origin deleted all your games?

That just happened to me. In my order history they do not even show up. I have some of these keys backed up, some of them were given to me via livestream. FIFA14 and BF4 are definitely the last straw for me with this company. What the fuck.

contact support, not giantbomb.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Necroed thread, no need for this to be resurrected after 2 + years. Locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.