The glorious return to Us vs. Them is on the horizon. But instead of playing soccer with blue and orange cars, the two Giant Bomb offices will throw down in some Overwatch. Also as an edited post, it turns out that this Us vs. Them matchup will not end up being East vs. West but between GB and another website, most likely Gamespot, but we'll see. Anyone want to make any predictions as to who each dudes' top heroes will be for the stream and if they are gonna be any surprise contestants to join up each team. Also make predictions as to what shenanigans each team will deploy on each other and whether you think Giant Bomb will win or if the opponent will knock them off. Here are my predictions:
Giant Bomb Mains:
- Jeff: Lucio, Mei, Zarya
- Brad: Pharah, Soldier 76, D.Va
- Dan: Torbjorn, Roadhog, Junkrat
- Jason (if he plays): Pharah, Torbjorn, Zarya
- Drew (if he plays): Pharah and I don't know who else, maybe Tracer and D.Va
- Vinny: Mercy, I honestly don't know who Vinny plays with besides Mercy, so I'll just guess Widowmaker and Reinhardt cause why not?
- Alex: Soldier 76, Winston, Zenyatta
- Austin: Bastion, McCree, Pharah
- Gamespot representatives, with the most likely opponents being Danny O'Dwyer, Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy (who reviewed Overwatch on Gamespot). I'm not too familiar with everyone else at Gamespot, so it could be anyone from there.
- Dream scenario, but a collaboration of frequent Giant Bomb Guests to take on Giant Bomb itself. The All Star team: Dave Lang, Patrick Klepek, John Drake, Samantha Kalman, Danny O'Dwyer anyways and Will Smith.
Shenanigans that will happen:
- Jeff and Alex will both pick Mei in 1 match and irritate everyone with ice walls while bantering at each other as to who makes better ice walls.
- Dan will eventually pick the hero he's best with from his top choices and stick with it for the entire stream, since he plays to win and only goes for one character in certain games anyways.
- Austin will constantly troll everyone by picking heroes that many people complain about (as I put above).
- It may get to a point where Jeff feels like this is becoming Mario Party and might start making Crow Sting sounds again.
- If Dave Lang is there, he'll call someone Da Watch Gawd and try to periscope the stream.
Winner: Giant Bomb