Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) took place at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington from September 3-5.

PAX Bombcast Panel: During the concerts AGAIN? Petition

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

So, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that last year, the Bombcast at PAX was during the concert. THis year, the same is true. Now, once I can understand, its not really fair to make it so any panel is immune. But for a recurring thing, it seems a bit rough that because of the bombcast's scheduling people will have to make a choice between two of the best events at PAX. Personally, I am going to the Bombcast no matter what this year, but I was REALLY excited for the concerts this year, especially considering the bands and even more so that its at BENAROYA HALL, which will be totally epic. I love giantbomb and it seems rough that all of the people involved have to miss out on the concert. Equally tragic is that the Giantbomb guys who I'm sure would lov to go to the concerts are also going to miss out on them. So if you want to see if there is a way to make things better (or youjust want to tell me I'm wrong, sign this petition, just reply with a yes and any added thing you wanna add. SOrry if it seems like I'm whiner, but this really bites for a lot of people, and it seems unfair that it has happened twice now.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

1) Internet petitions = derp 
    B)... no wait, 2) Giantbomb panel = already scheduled 
    3) or C) PAX bands = not the main attraction

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By LiquidS

Anamanaguchi, Metroid Metal, The Protomen, and The Minibosses 
    OR 
    Giant Bombcast Live 

Knowing nothing about the bands but I am guessing that you could see those bands on other occasions while the Bombcast would be more unique.
    nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nickux

You get to go to PAX. Shit sounds rough.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I mean, that does sound like a legitimate thing to be annoyed about, at least... 

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

You are going to petition the Bombcast for going on at the same time of a concert....by going to the Bombcast.

Find a dictionary, dude.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @LiquidS said:
    " Anamanaguchi, Metroid Metal, The Protomen, and The Minibosses OR Giant Bombcast Live  Knowing nothing about the bands but I am guessing that you could see those bands on other occasions while the Bombcast would be more unique. "
    I have not heard much of any of these bands' music, but Anamanaguchi does excellent '80s NES-esque music.  They actually provided the soundtrack for the Scott Pilgrim game on PSN/XBLA.

That being said, them's the breaks.  There are a lot of panels at PAX.  Good panels at that, and there's no helping that they overlap with each other, or with events like the concerts.  You just have to ask yourself if you'd rather go to the concerts or attend the GIant Bomb panel.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ReyGitano

I understand those bands are... interesting... but it's not the reason I would go to PAX. If I wanted to hear those bands, well, that's what the internet is for.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Box3ru13

Who would want to go to the concerts when a) Bombcast live (which btw was fucking amazing) and b.) Its fucking downtown seattle, the nightlife is great

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By rentfn

well the panels that tend to run long are scheduled later in the day so they can...well run late. It is a bummer that you have to pick but that is life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.