Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Arma series

marshall006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey so the arma series can be played in both first and third person perspectives, correct? Also how have arma 1 and 2 been in terms of multiplayer? Is it competitive, map sizes? Also is it constant fighting or you do not see many people. Is Arma 3 like that, not sure if you guys have played the beta of it or something. Thanks in advance for your comments im trying to find some good third person multiplayer games on pc.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marshall006: I can't speak to ARMA or ARMA II, but I can tell you what I've experienced with ARMA III. Yes, it has first and third person perspectives. It does have some competitive modes like capture point and so on, but it seems like the main focus for most people is the cooperative mission types where you are a large team working against the AI to accomplish objectives. The map is literally the entire island of Stratis. The fighting will depend on the scenario/mission you are playing, but in general I would say that you shouldn't expect it to be constant fighting. You'll be spending time traversing the island and making your cautious, methodical advance toward AO (Area of Operation), and possibly time just doing recon if you aren't given the intel you need outright. This isn't a FPS in the sense of Call of Duty or Battlefield. It is a military sim with a much heavier focus on tactics and strategy, being methodical etc. No Rambo nonsense.

Also, the game isn't even in beta yet. Right now it is in alpha, but it is surprisingly playable from my experience and a ton of fun if you are willing to take the time to surmount the learning curve (which isn't that terrible) and play it like a military sim, not CoD.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@marshall006: I can't speak to ARMA or ARMA II, but I can tell you what I've experienced with ARMA III. Yes, it has first and third person perspectives. It does have some competitive modes like capture point and so on, but it seems like the main focus for most people is the cooperative mission types where you are a large team working against the AI to accomplish objectives. The map is literally the entire island of Stratis. The fighting will depend on the scenario/mission you are playing, but in general I would say that you shouldn't expect it to be constant fighting. You'll be spending time traversing the island and making your cautious, methodical advance toward AO (Area of Operation), and possibly time just doing recon if you aren't given the intel you need outright. This isn't a FPS in the sense of Call of Duty or Battlefield. It is a military sim with a much heavier focus on tactics and strategy, being methodical etc. No Rambo nonsense.

Also, the game isn't even in beta yet. Right now it is in alpha, but it is surprisingly playable from my experience and a ton of fun if you are willing to take the time to surmount the learning curve (which isn't that terrible) and play it like a military sim, not CoD.

Basically all of this, but when the full game is out the map is going to be 270km^2. The current one, Stratis, is 'only' 20km^2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.