Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

box copies of games and Steam copies compatible in multiplayer?

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Kyle

I assume this is possible but I just thought I'd check first: Can a person playing a box retail copy of a game (in this case I'm specifically wondering about Titan Quest Gold) play online with someone playing a copy downloaded from Steam?

The reason I ask is because I own a retail copy of Titan Quest Gold and I wanna be able to play online with my girlfriend and other cheap friends who won't buy the game, so I was thinking I could buy a copy of TQ Gold on Steam and then let friends use  my steam account to play with me. This would work right? I just wanna make sure before I drop $20. Thanks.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Keano

...............its the same game, theres no difference between a box copy and a downloaded copy.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Kyle

Yeah. I know. But I think you could understand why I would take ten seconds to make a forum post so i don't waste $20. What if there some weird speicifc case with just Titan Quest? or even just the Gold version? You'll understand when you grow up and have to buy things with your own money.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DeadlyPain

Kyle said:

"I assume this is possible but I just thought I'd check first: Can a person playing a box retail copy of a game (in this case I'm specifically wondering about Titan Quest Gold) play online with someone playing a copy downloaded from Steam?

The reason I ask is because I own a retail copy of Titan Quest Gold and I wanna be able to play online with my girlfriend and other cheap friends who won't buy the game, so I was thinking I could buy a copy of TQ Gold on Steam and then let friends use  my steam account to play with me. This would work right? I just wanna make sure before I drop $20. Thanks."

Like Keano said, its the same game reguardless of it being on steam or Retail copy.....
    Kyle said:

"Yeah. I know. But I think you could understand why I would take ten seconds to make a forum post so i don't waste $20. What if there some weird speicifc case with just Titan Quest? or even just the Gold version? You'll understand when you grow up and have to buy things with your own money."

We understand mate - theres no need to explain, i ask alot of questions too and they all seem simple enough for me to know myself but its always best to ask :D

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keano
    Kyle said:
    "Yeah. I know. But I think you could understand why I would take ten seconds to make a forum post so i don't waste $20. What if there some weird speicifc case with just Titan Quest? or even just the Gold version? You'll understand when you grow up and have to buy things with your own money."
    grow up? Fucking inbred cunt, you asked i gave you an answer,  if you knew why did you ask, you thick twat? get out of your moms basement before trying to insult others
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush
    Keano said:
    "grow up? Fucking inbred cunt, you asked i gave you an answer,  if you knew why did you ask, you thick twat? get out of your moms basement before trying to insult others"
    Wow...you threw both those words in there...It may just be me, but I really don't like those two words.
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Kush said:
    "Keano said:
    "grow up? Fucking inbred cunt, you asked i gave you an answer,  if you knew why did you ask, you thick twat? get out of your moms basement before trying to insult others"
    Wow...you threw both those words in there...It may just be me, but I really don't like those two words."

:O Which words? Please do tell  :D
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    DeadlyPain said:
    "Kush said:
    "Keano said:
    Wow...you threw both those words in there...It may just be me, but I really don't like those two words."

:O Which words? Please do tell  :D"
    Yes, please Kush!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.