Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gamepad for OSX

Avatar image for pullarius_capax
    Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

I have a Macbook Pro and I was curious how I get around to playing some of the few mac games on Steam with a gamepad, what gamepad do I use? do I need to buy one specifically or can I use either my 360 0r PS3 controllers? What kind of steps do I need, drivers etc.?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@Pullarius_Capax: Do you have a wired XBOX 360 Controller? It's what I use, and I'd highly recommend it.

Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

@TruthTellah: I just have a wireless xbox 360 controller, If I just plug in a wired controller will it just work with a macbook Pro?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NegativeCero

@Pullarius_Capax: Yep, just download the 360 controller driver for it and you should be good to go.

You can find it here: http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

Edit: I should be clear, you need a wired controller or you'll need to have a wireless game receiver for a wireless controller. Although, I wouldn't recommend the receiver because apparently Microsoft doesn't make them anymore, and the 3rd party versions aren't reliable from what I've heard.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pepperzz

I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my TV that I once attempted to use a PS3 controller with. After a frustrating day, I just decided to give up on playing Steam games entirely :P

Lavos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lavos

Playstation 3 SixAxis/DualShock work immediately. Plug 'n play indeed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@Pullarius_Capax: Yeah, download that driver that NegativeCero mentioned and plug in the wired 360 controller. It works great.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By amafi

@NegativeCero said:

@Pullarius_Capax: Yep, just download the 360 controller driver for it and you should be good to go.

You can find it here: http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

Edit: I should be clear, you need a wired controller or you'll need to have a wireless game receiver for a wireless controller. Although, I wouldn't recommend the receiver because apparently Microsoft doesn't make them anymore, and the 3rd party versions aren't reliable from what I've heard.

They make them, they just don't sell them on their own anymore. They do still make and sell the Wireless 360 controller for windows bundle with a wireless black controller and a reciever though, just bought another not too long ago.

Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

I got my wired controller today and works well (although the preferences screen shown on the drivers website is missing) thanks for all your help? I can finally more comfortably play games on my laptop!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.