Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Good Sim-ish racing games for the PC

frenchy789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoy Sim/Arcade games like Forza and Gran Turismo (though I haven't player the latter since GT3). However, I rarely plug in my 360 and scratched my Forza 3 disc a while back.

On the PC I've played and enjoyed Dirt 1 + 2 though they aren't what I'm looking for cuz they're too arcady.

I played the hell out of NFS Shift 2 and really enjoyed it but I've gotten bored of it and the car selection is meh. Basically in a racing title (playing with a 360 controller, having a wheel sounds so fucking rad but it's just not possible) I'd like the following:

Wide selection of tracks and cars.

Simish in the way that Shift 2 or Forza are. Like with all the traction control and ABS on it's too arcady but when played on hard it has that satisfying learning curve of getting the feel for a car and nailing corners.

Graphics aren't really a priority but handling physics and cockpit view are plus's.

Forza and GT both being console exclusives is quite the bummer though i've heard Forza 5 may be coming to PC.

iRacing or whatever seems interesting but a little intimidating. What do y'all recommend? Or should I just pick up Forza for the 360?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Grid Autosport comes out this month, might be worth looking at when it comes out. Though theirs really no game like Forza and GT on pc in terms of number of cars.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Euro Truck Simulator 2...though not a racing game, it's something that involves driving and is sim-ish.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Project cars is hitting this year check that shot out

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Alt+F1 got me into F1: 2013 something fierce. That's a cool damn sport to race in. I live for those long races.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

I've been playing a lot of Race 07 by SimBin here lately as i test my racing wheel setup. You can get the whole bundle that comes with all the tracks and cars they have to offer for $39.99 right now. Eventually i'll be moving up to iRacing, though.

Couldn't really tell you how racing with a controller would work out, i don't know if the game's tuned for controllers since sim racing requires a good deal of precision that controllers don't really provide. I own the first Grid game but haven't played it, heard good things and know, at least, that it's tuned for controllers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.