Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help me recover my reg keys & Origin/Steam passes

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

So I had bought a handful of games from GFWL via my 2002 Xbox gamertag, an old Steam account, and EA account (pre-Origin). Those games were installed on my old PC, unused since 2010 when the mobo fried. I've long since replaced most of them, but some ones, like Halo 2 Vista, are hard to replace. I still have the hard drive. Because I was a kid when I bought them... er, 19 years old, the emails where likely fake tempmail bullshit or with bullshit recovery answers "Where did you get married? - Answer: Fuck You1111!!!!!!!!" Anyways, because I can't reset my passwords online with tech support, and the emails with receipts and "CD-Keys" are locked away in said b.s. hotmail accounts, I'm wondering if one of two ways will let me recover my accounts and games.

For one, if Windows has an equivalent to OSX Keychain, some file I can open with the Hard Drive connected via SATA->USB to my new Win8 PC, that lists all the names and passes and CDkey checks that automatically "go" whenever you start a game in normal conditions.

Or, a way to boot/launch that old copy of Windows from that old hard drive while its plugged in externally. This is further complicated that I use an Imac with my new current Windows install via bootcamp. I tried the "select disk" feature in OSX, picked the external Windows 7 drive, yet for some reason it automatically booted to my modern Win8.1 partition. Its as if you tell the Mac to "restart in Windows" and it just picks the first one listed.

Any helps greatly appreciated

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.