Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

HELP - Problem! Circle button is enter - PC MGSV Steam

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

I use MotionJoy to use my PS3 controller to play games on Steam.

I have no idea how or why this has happened, but when playing MGSV using the PS3 controller, it now defaults to the circle button as enter (replacing the X button). I have only encountered this once with an imported PSP . In addition to this, I can only move snake using the D-pad. The analog sticks do not work.

I have installed and reinstalled motion joy - still encounter this problem.

Other controller software - simply doesn't work or freezes/stutters during gameplay.

Anyone encounter this problem? If so, does anybody know how to solve it?

It is incredibly annoying.

Thanks

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VierasTalo

First off - don't use MotionJoy, get the BetterDS3Tool: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Now, you should try using the controller in the state where it emulates an Xbox 360 -controller. The prompts will be for that platform in-game, but the controller will work perfectly. In BetterDS3, just choose the Xbox-profile from the list and apply.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I'm moving this to the PC forum for now, since this isn't really an issue with MGSV but rather your individual PC setup.

I suggest dumping MotionInJoy and using Better DS3 instead. I think the interface is better, it's easier to use, and doesn't call home to servers in China to serve ads like MotionInJoy does (or at least it used to do this...I haven't touched MotionInJoy in a long time, and never recommend that anyone use it.). Give Better DS3 a shot, it only takes seconds to configure and it's completely free. I think you will be much happier with it. I set this software up for my buddy on his PC to play MGSV with, and it worked flawlessly and I was able to get him up and running in a minute or two. Just download Better DS3, hook up your controller, and choose Xbox 360 controller emulation and you're good to go.

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

EDIT: Hah...@vierastalo beat me to it, I think we were both typing our responses at the same time.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Hi, yeah I have used Better DS3 and i encounter a stuttering problem whereby the controller seems to disconnect for a second. I can hear the windows disconnect/reconnect soundbite notification.

Is there a solution for this?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@unilad: I'm sorry, I have never encountered or heard about that issue before. You may want to try a different USB port, a different USB cable, or perhaps even a different controller. Other than that, try deleting and reinstalling your drivers. It definitely isn't normal for that to be happening with Better DS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.