Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

help with a pc

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kane

So i have a old Dell optiplex GX240, yeah its old, but im planing on upgrading it to the max, only 1gig of ram =( but i also need a graphics card, i know it has to be a APG and a low profile card, will this one work with my pc?

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By keyhunter

Get a new computer.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By agent_lost

yep, get a new PC. There more the one reason, I i get the right, you have the super slim case so it will be hard to upgrade. Depending what you will do, some upgrade will work. If your thinking to boot your PC for gaming the forget about it and get something new with PCI-E or a Console.

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Kane

its my second pc i already have a good one, i just want it maxed, will that work?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xruntime

Yeah, it would work...but I'd save the 50 bucks and put it towards a newer computer. You could even save some of the parts from the old computer, such as the dvd/cd drives, the fans, the power supply, the case, maybe even the CPU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

xruntime said:
    "Yeah, it would work...but I'd save the 50 bucks and put it towards a newer computer. You could even save some of the parts from the old computer, such as the dvd/cd drives, the fans, the power supply, the case, maybe even the CPU."
    Yeah just get a friend to help you build a new computer, you can build a fairly cheap computer instead of spending money on an older pc that won`t be worth it in the long run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.