Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Intel Core i7 is here.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By agent_lost

Ok time to field weak and hopeless that our rig is slow. Here what all the review are thinking. But really what we really care is how Crysis is running. As you can see all we need it is a Core i7, DDR 3 ram and Tri-SLI GTX 280 to have Crisys running at 82 FPS. Can't wait to see the Electrical bill for the dude that has that.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By mracoon
    Agent_Lost said:
    "Ok time to field weak and hopeless that our rig is slow. Here what all the review are thinking. But really what we really care is how Crysis is running. As you can see all we need it is a Core i7, DDR 3 ram and Tri-SLI GTX 280 to have Crisys running at 82 FPS. Can't wait to see the Electrical bill for the dude that has that."
    Crysis at 82 FPS!!!!  That's incredible.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wow nice post man, thats really awesome, love to get my hands on one of those.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By calf_exercises

dude i just got a new pc like 3 months ago and its out dates already. ahh you just cant win with PC's.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I really can't bring myself to upgrade my rig just so I can smoothly play another shitty FPS. :P

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By jangofett88

Another unforgiving game to use for benchmarking is Flight Simulator X.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By VACkillers

yea i wish more people would mention Flight Simulator X. That game kicks the living sh!t outta your RAM and CPU... that would be almost my ultimate benchmarking game next to crysis, especially when you have EVERYTHING on max, at 1900 res with AA flying around highly dense area's like new york.

thats really an over kill setup on the OP, but the core i7s look amazing.... gamespot did a preview and was encoding video while playing crysis at the same time and crysis was STILL running  60-70FPS.
    Link

but still would love to have a machine like that tho lol.... dont think you'd ever need to upgrade again for a long long time... if i can still run most of the top new games today with a crappy old 7800 AGP, then a tri-sli setup of GTX 280s will last for years...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

What I'm finding now is all new games are being developed for consoles so we're not seeing the PC's being pushed anymore. So right now I can't see the need to upgrade for the current titles when I'm getting amazing framerates on every game but a boring one that I'm never going to play again, Crysis.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By VACkillers
    PapaLazarou said:
    "What I'm finding now is all new games are being developed for consoles so we're not seeing the PC's being pushed anymore. So right now I can't see the need to upgrade for the current titles when I'm getting amazing framerates on every game but a boring one that I'm never going to play again, Crysis.
    "
    I agree to a point, its definitely "fashionable" now to have PC games that are also available for the console market now which really saddens me because less time is spent on making a really good PC tittle but instead all this extra time that has to be spent on coding it and re-writing it to run on consoles, Unreal Tournament 3 was the epiphany of this.

But i do think PCs as a whole will so benefit from the new cpus not just in the gaming platform, but for video editing and such, nothing worse then recording your gameplay and then loosing 40FPS while ur capturing it all lol...
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maru
    PapaLazarou said:
    "What I'm finding now is all new games are being developed for consoles so we're not seeing the PC's being pushed anymore. So right now I can't see the need to upgrade for the current titles when I'm getting amazing framerates on every game but a boring one that I'm never going to play again, Crysis.
    "

Also it's a shame when they don't even port it properly....  I'm playing Dead Space right now... it is a great game but the lack of AA is disspointing, not to mention some control issues.
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Gunner

o.o

what'll they think of next.

Dib9394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dib9394

Whoa, that's pretty epic!!

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok

What? I max out Crysis on my computer and easily get 60 FPS with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, nVidia 8800 GTS, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, and stuff. 82 doesn't sound that much better.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar
    PureRok said:
    "What? I max out Crysis on my computer and easily get 60 FPS with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, nVidia 8800 GTS, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, and stuff. 82 doesn't sound that much better."
    Yeah moores law only counts for transitors, not Fps.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok
    StaticFalconar said:
    "PureRok said:
    "What? I max out Crysis on my computer and easily get 60 FPS with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, nVidia 8800 GTS, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, and stuff. 82 doesn't sound that much better."
    Yeah moores law only counts for transitors, not Fps."
    What does Moore's Law have to do with anything here?
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adam_grif
    PureRok said:
    Not on ultra high with DX10 you don't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.