Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is this a computer or a superhero?

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By an_ancient

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but for a while now a lot of Microsoft products have had this knack to present themselves with very melodramatic music. Before it was trying to be very industrial. Maybe this is effective marketing because it really stands out to me over any other trailer for products.

Edit: Oh wow, there might be some good stuff out there:

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I stand by my statement that no one has ever actually used an iPad/Apple/Surface or anything like that the way that they do in advertisements.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As a graphic designer, the Surface Studio looks really compelling. If drawing on that works as well if not close to a Cintiq, then I can see myself getting one of those as a workstation.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? I mean I'd be more interested in a standalone screen than an AIO.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The one thing I will say if that there are a lot of artists, videographers who are really unhappy with the way Apple is handling its Pro hardware and art/editing software. Apple is dumbing down it software tools for non-artists, yet making the workflow for professionals trying to use that software worse. In such a world where Apple is dropping the ball in hardware and software, Microsoft sees an opening.

I can't say if some of this stuff makes sense, but with Apple dropping the ball Microsoft sees their best opening yet to make what used to be Apple's strengths look like a huge joke.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

Yea Microsoft is going in for the kill with this stuff, they are doing a good job, Windows 10 is great aside from the NSA level tracking and some stupid decisions to try and make you use parts of the system and the new update platform is invasive for business but everything else is slick. This new push for quality hardware makes them look good.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they certainly seem to be taking some (and by some, I mean extreme) inspiration from Apple, especially with that Surface Studio and its mouse and keyboard.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=HSzx-zryEgM&video_start=0&audio=BzMLA8YIgG0&audio_start=0

well i certainly hope you won't go to the same epic music maker for your editing as marvel and microsoft are doing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.