Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Powercolor 4850 Temperatures

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

If anyone owns a Powercolor 4850, more specifically, this one:

Powercolor 4850 from Newegg
    Powercolor 4850 from Newegg

I'd like to know what temperatures you are yielding with this cooler, right now i am torn between this Powercolor card and the saphire card, an it's pretty much come down to the cooler. 

I've heard that the Saphire card is getting around 50C idle and 75C under laod, which is almost like my 4850 with the ATi stock cooler that sucks since im getting like 85C under load and im planning to change out the cooler.

So anyway, does anyone have temperature for this powercolor card?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I'm not using that card but I've got 3 powercolor ATI cards and all of them have their custom cooling on and running very very cool at 30-40c and never more than 50 while being pushed.

Stock fans suck but you know you can just buy cooling for your card anyways so it is no biggy.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkgoth678

thanks for the info! even thought its not the same card its good to know that Powercolor's coolers are good.

yeah im planning to change the stock cooler of my ASUS 4850 with a ZALMAN VF1000
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Discorsi

0 Kelvin

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

The ZALMAN VF1000 looks like a nice cooler but make sure you got enough room :D Made that mistake with my processor Heatsink and it wouldn't fit in the case so I took my whole PC out of the case and it is now laying on my desk besides my monitor lol.

I wouldn't bother with water cooling unless you're planning to proper overclock the system because they can go faulty and leak sometimes.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkgoth678

For what i've looked up the VF1000 is a dual-slot cooler and the room between the PCIe 2.0's on my board is plenty so i think I should be good plus I barely have anything on my PCI ports anyway but thanks for your concern!

Yeah im not planning to water cool anything, the 4850 OC's nicely on air and benches fairly well on air so im not too concerned about moving to water cooling, maybe in the future withanother build.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.