Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

RMA upgrade?

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattimus_prime

Hey all,

Sadly my evga gtx 770 sc recently died on me. Luckily it is still under warranty so I sent it in for rma and they are going to replace it. Some of the people I work with (I do PC repair for HP) are saying I will likely get a 970 back since they probably don't have anymore of my specific card. How likely is this to happen and has it happened to any of you?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

It all depends on the manufacturer and what they have on hand. If it's EVGA they seem likely to give you a better card as a replacement if they don't have your model in stock, but you never know.

I don't think anyone can answer as to how likely it is.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a 780 that died and got a 970 in return. Then that 970 died and I got another 970 from them after I agreed to replace my power supply that apparently was causing the fries.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had something similar happen when my old Ultrasharp monitor died just before the warranty period was up, and Dell replaced it with their newer model. I haven't had it happen with any other PC parts, however.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: I got a 970!

xGryfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xGryfter
    deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had this happen to me once too, I can't remember exactly what card it was but I was sent a card one level above mine, awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.