Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

SteamTool Library Manager lets you split Steam games across HDs

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Someone may have posted about this before, but I couldn't find anything about it.  I found out about a utility that lets you copy games on your Steam account across multiple partition or hard drives.  I test it with Super Meat Boy since I figured if it jacked something up it's a fairly small game, so it would be easy to re-download.  Worked great tho, copied it from my 1TB Steam-only drive over to my 64GB SSD boot drive.  My plan is to use this to copy over a game that I want to play for significant amount of times to improve load times with the SSD, and then copy it back over to the original Steam directory once I'm done playing it. 

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there in case it helps someone else.

http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam
    mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mithhunter55

Whoa, yeh I probably should have used this. I completely messed up my installs of all the source games recently. Not sure what I did differently I would manually copy out the games I wasn't playing. Went to put them all back a few week ago and I Borked it all up.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Davvyk

LOVE 

YOU!

AAsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AAsama

Thanks duder!

Wish i knew about this before i bought another 2TB HDD for my games :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.