Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

WAR

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tekmojo

is it good? better than WoW or atleast better than AoC? 

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tovan

I personally am having loads more fun with WAR than I ever did with WoW. It just feels a lot less of a grind and more of what a game should be, entertaining. It doesn't feel like a second job.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Sushbag

It's better if your in it for PvP, not better if you aren't.

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tovan
    Sushbag said:
    "It's better if your in it for PvP, not better if you aren't."
    I'd say PQ bring something great for people who enjoy PVE.
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadlyPain

whats WAR?

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By VACkillers

warhammer?

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By OGCartman

WARHAMMER ONLINE is phenominal, iv played about 60 hours of beta so far this week, and alot before.

atleast better than Age Of Conan? AoC was purely amazing, a brutal, bloody, dark, big world. Watch some of the video reviews man, it beats the shit outa WoW and is extremely fun.

WoW was revelutionairy, and its legacy is remarkable, but Warhammer Online is gonna take the crown.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeadlyPain

Oh warhammer

i dunno - i  think i've had enough of playing pay to play games now - i spent far too much on world of warcraft and some on age of conan to now pay more for a different game.
    When will MMO's become free to play!!
    Guild wars is and thats a successfull game ¬_¬

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demilich

I give WAR 3 weeks before everyone goes back to WoW. After launch that is.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadlyPain

i also play EVE online from time to time and used to play city of heroes :S No more for me! lmao

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VACkillers

from what i've seen so far, warhammer online isn't that much different from other mmo's, it just combines some of the better features from other mmo's into one game. I'll personally stick with EVE-online and Guild Wars myself, and Guild Wars 2 is on its way anyway.....and WAR i think looks very poor graphicly wise in my opinion, considering its a brand new game, looks like a generation behind in graphics....

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Zirilius
    DeadlyPain said:
    "Oh warhammer

i dunno - i  think i've had enough of playing pay to play games now - i spent far too much on world of warcraft and some on age of conan to now pay more for a different game.
    When will MMO's become free to play!!
    Guild wars is and thats a successfull game ¬_¬"
    Remember that Guild Wars is run by a NC Soft which have a ton of subscription based MMO's as well as free-to-play but pay-to-get the best stuff games in Korea. They are also an exception to the rule since they are an MMO company unlike Blizzard and EA. And I'd rather have a subscription based MMO rather than play a game where someone can buy an EASY button.

As for the orginal question, I'm enjoying it. Is it revolutionary or so ground breaking that its gonna turn heads. Nope! Does it do a lot of things right? Yes. PQ's, RvR, and Public groups are a great addition to the game. It'll definetly hold people over to Liche King comes out. Its definetly better than AoC right now, at least till the big patch comes out and even then I don't thinkt he majro bugs in AoC will be fixed.
    VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VACkillers

thats something i've noticed, in a few of the free online games, if you want some of the special items, or weapons, you pay for em

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By StressedOutCat
    VACkillers said:
    "from what i've seen so far, warhammer online isn't that much different from other mmo's, it just combines some of the better features from other mmo's into one game. I'll personally stick with EVE-online and Guild Wars myself, and Guild Wars 2 is on its way anyway.....and WAR i think looks very poor graphicly wise in my opinion, considering its a brand new game, looks like a generation behind in graphics...."
    I think is done for accessibility so allot more people will be able to play it.. specially since its an mmo.. and mmo's are not always played just by people who can afford to upgrade their comp every so often..
    for example loads of people still play eve-online with the old graphics client... and to be fair it still looks allot better than WoW.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.