Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

P4A Achievement / Trophy list is up

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yay, achievements. Since I like to dissect anything concerning Persona 4 Arena, I wanted to post this and turn your attention to a few specific ones:

No Caption Provided

I have no clue what this could mean, actually. Obviously a reference to Persona 3 and Persona 4's battle music, which make appearances respectively in P3 and P4 mirror matches. Maybe it's awarded when you battle in your first mirror match?

No Caption Provided

Nothing special; this is just awarded in the game's Challenge Mode. Just posting it 'cause Funky Student's mentioned.

No Caption Provided

It's a bit ambiguous, but I believe this basically means you've completed all of the tests in the game's Lesson Mode meant for teaching players how to play the game.

No Caption Provided

Dunno. My guess is that this is probably more direct than it seems and it's simply rewarded when the Investigation Team tunes in to the Midnight Channel for the first time (again) early on in the game's Story Mode.

So everything else is pretty straightforward, except for the five Secret Achievements. There are already 10 achievements rewarded for completing all of the characters' Story Modes, but this is excluding Elizabeth, Labrys and Shadow Labrys. Given what happens in the story, I doubt S. Labrys will have her own story to go through, but I'm certain that Elizabeth will have one, especially because of a few seconds of footage from the MCM Expo recently that showed an anime cutscene featuring her. My bet is that Labrys also has a story mode after S. Labrys is defeated and she gains Ariadne, which means that 2/5 Secret Achievements are to complete Labrys and Elizabeth's Story chapters (two of the 10 pointers).

That leaves me with three others to guess. Because the person behind the events of the story (the one who threw Labrys into the television) has yet to be revealed, I'm guessing that one of the secret ones (one of the 10 pointers) is something like "The Investigation Team does it again" or "The True Criminal" which is awarded when the person behind everything is found out, making 3/5 of the Achievements. Given that this info will probably be discovered in the final Story Mode chapter and that, given how BlazBlue does it, there will be a final chapter not dedicated to any specific character, I'm guessing that another of the secret achievements is something like "The Final Story chapter has been told" (either a 10 pointer or the 40 pointer).

Which makes for only one left. Perhaps it's an Easter egg kind of achievement awarded for doing something hidden.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

I love how Funky Student is mentioned, I like to think that that would not be in their had it not been for the Endurance Run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Deductive reasoning like whoa, son.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

There's a reference for that Alice special move. That's pretty awesome.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By endaround

My guess is the first one is just for pulling off a super involving a persona in a fight.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@Hizang said:

I love how Funky Student is mentioned, I like to think that that would not be in their had it not been for the Endurance Run.

Nope. Persona 4 has a wider fanbase than Endurance Run viewers, and Funky Student is not someone limited to Giant Bomb in-jokes.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

Nope. Persona 4 has a wider fanbase than Endurance Run viewers, and Funky Student is not someone limited to Giant Bomb in-jokes.

I like to think, doesn't mean its true.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@Hizang said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

I know. But it gets a little tedious when any reference made to the game outside of Giant Bomb is assumed to exist because of the Endurance Run.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@endaround said:

My guess is the first one is just for pulling off a super involving a persona in a fight.

I don't think that's what it is because:

• The rest of the gameplay related achievements are told straight up without any ambiguity. Why would this one be any different?
    • That seems too simple a task to get an achievement with. Then again, being in a mirror match with another character is pretty simple too.
    • The "Victory Cry" achievement kind of directly conflicts with what you're suggesting.

Also, I recognize every character in the achievement images except for this one:

No Caption Provided
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew

First achivement will probably be for playing or maybe winning your first match in the game, since the name references the scenes in 3 and 4 when the protagonist first summons their persona.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Petiew: Oh, that's a good guess. Specifically for the Story Mode, though, because there's already one awarded for winning your first online match.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

well does the japanese achivement mention him? I'd agree with you on anything else but I don't know if Funky Student was as obsessed about by anyone else but the GB dudes.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By endaround

@FluxWaveZ: Given the title it could be a weird Mitsuru stance.

I have no clue who is on the Veteran

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@endaround said:

@FluxWaveZ: Given the title it could be a weird Mitsuru stance.

I have no clue who is on the Veteran

The one on "Veteran" is definitely Akihiko. His red boxing gloves are highlighted and his small bandage can be seen on his face as well as the top of his hoodie. Plus, it makes sense since Akihiko's a "veteran" when it comes to combat.

And I guess the "C'est Magnifique" one could be Mitsuru because of the title, but the one below it of "Tres Bien!" looks like Labrys to me, so it might not be. The silhouette looks like it's wearing a large pair of headphones and as though its hair is covering its face. Plus, I'm not too sure Mitsuru would be the type to have a pose with her hand extended like that in a somewhat threatening way.

Actually, I'll just say that it's probably Shadow Labrys. Her silhouette doesn't seem to be anywhere else, that headphone looking thing could be her hair piece and her hand reaching out like that makes sense.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I love achievements that are full of in-jokes. Glad to see Atlus is putting in the effort.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Hizang said:

Ofcourse, the only reason the game got so big over here was because of GB.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mutha3

@Hailinel said:

and Funky Student is not someone limited to Giant Bomb in-jokes.

I've never heard a single Funky Student joke outside of giantbomb or ER related threads on other sites. I bet the Japanese achievements don't mention him at all.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coakroach
    Awesome.
    Awesome.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Hizang said:

Hell yeah Funky Student for life!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

I've never heard a single Funky Student joke outside of giantbomb or ER related threads on other sites. I bet the Japanese achievements don't mention him at all.

I have. Also, I don't know if Funky Student is mentioned in the Japanese version of the achievement, but I highly, highly doubt that even if the ER was an influencing factor that it was the only factor.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikeHawk

This may be a dumb wild guess, but what if the achievement about tuning into the Midnight Channel unlocks if you're playing the game at midnight?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#22  Edited By donutfever

@FluxWaveZ: It kind of looks like Igor to me, but that wouldn't fit the title or description.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Hailinel said:

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

I have. Also, I don't know if Funky Student is mentioned in the Japanese version of the achievement, but I highly, highly doubt that even if the ER was an influencing factor that it was the only factor.

I liked P4 before it was cool man lol. This is directly because of Giant Bomb, the Atlus guys have mentioned Jeff and Vinnys run on multiple occasions.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By endaround

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

Well since I'm pretty sure he isn't called funky student in Japan....

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mutha3
    @endaround said:

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

Whatever equivalent name he has over there! He's a silly, extremely minor NPC  that isn't relevant outside of the ER. I bet if the ER didn't draw attention to him, we'd all be singing praises to Spacy Girl.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

@mutha3 said:

@endaround said:

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

Whatever equivalent name he has over there! He's a silly, extremely minor NPC that isn't relevant outside of the ER. I bet if the ER didn't draw attention to him, we'd all be singing praises to Spacy Girl.

Fuck That, I would rather sing the praises of Girls Friend then Spacy Girl.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#27  Edited By donutfever

@MikeHawk said:

This may be a dumb wild guess, but what if the achievement about tuning into the Midnight Channel unlocks if you're playing the game at midnight?

That would be really, really cool.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Hailinel said:

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

I liked P4 before it was cool man lol. This is directly because of Giant Bomb, the Atlus guys have mentioned Jeff and Vinnys run on multiple occasions.

I believe it when Atlus confirms it. Otherwise, this is just giving the ER more credit than it's due.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Hailinel: The P4 run is due all the credit, they took a rather boring JRPG, made fun of it and made it really entertaining.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Hailinel: The P4 run is due all the credit, they took a rather boring JRPG [snip]

...Welp, I'm not listening to what you have to say anymore.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31  Edited By Phatmac

@Hailinel: It seems obvious to the rest of us, don't dismiss the importance of the ER :P.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@FluxWaveZ: Haha! Fair enough. It's true though I know you guys like it, but I would never touch it and Jeff and Vinny brought the humor out of it.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By AngelN7

Maybe Atlus USA likes funky student who knows , I didn't pay much attention to him when I played can't if his popularity comes from the ER maybe it is, since I don't watch other Let's plays I wouldn't know.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Bocam

I think Funky Student was called Afro Student in Japanese but it has been a while since I played the Japanese version of Persona 4.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hizang

Oh so I return to this thread to see Funky Student controversy going down.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hailinel
    @Bourbon_Warrior

@Hailinel: The P4 run is due all the credit, they took a rather boring JRPG, made fun of it and made it really entertaining.

And you've shot yourself in the foot. Congratulations!
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By Dagbiker

I also like the Meat Dimension achievement.

Also I hope the localizers got that raise.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Hailinel said:

@Bourbon_Warrior

And you've shot yourself in the foot. Congratulations!

Thanks! Happy to give my opinion,

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Juno500

Why is it so unlikely that Atlus wouldn't have mentioned Funky Student without the ER?

I mean, they're the ones who localized that game in the first place. They understand that game better than anybody else, I hardly think they need the ER to know which references fit best in which places.

Like, there are references to Persona 3 in the achievements, which had nothing to do with the ER. You guys are really reaching here.

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yay, achievements. Since I like to dissect anything concerning Persona 4 Arena, I wanted to post this and turn your attention to a few specific ones:

No Caption Provided

I have no clue what this could mean, actually. Obviously a reference to Persona 3 and Persona 4's battle music, which make appearances respectively in P3 and P4 mirror matches. Maybe it's awarded when you battle in your first mirror match?

"Burn my Dread" isn't Persona 3's battle music, it's the opening theme song. P3's Battle music is Mass Destruction.

So I doubt it has to do with the mirror match.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Juno500: Yeah, realized that several minutes ago but didn't bother to edit my post. So I think the best possibility is completing one's first battle in Story Mode. If not, no idea.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#41  Edited By metalsnakezero

Seeing the amusing names of the Achievement / Trophies reminds me that Atlus knows their fanbase well.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TechHits

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

I know. But it gets a little tedious when any reference made to the game outside of Giant Bomb is assumed to exist because of the Endurance Run.

This seems like an oddly specific sorespot for you.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By Catolf
    @TechHits said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

@Hailinel said:

@Hizang said:

This seems like an oddly specific sorespot for you.

Not really.. cause it is rather annoying. XP
    Melanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Melanon

Funky student achievement? GOTY.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So someone on another forum helped me out by ripping the trophy images off of PSN. High resolution images of them can be seen in our gallery. These are the secret achievements.

Mystery Food X
    Mystery Food X
    Denied Pets
    Denied Pets
    The President
    The President
    The Elevator Attendant
    The Elevator Attendant
    The End of Everything
    The End of Everything
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ
    The names of those trophies had been revealed a while ago, google 'em. Its basically what you expect looking at them(Labrys' Story Mode, Elizabeth Story mode, platinum, see every ending, fudge up something in online). The only weird one is the hand holding the jar. That one has something to do with Mystery food X.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By Animasta

@FluxWaveZ: chemical X? does this tie into powerpuff girls somehow

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3: Wow, really? I was actually searching for them a bit before but I might not have been searching well enough as I couldn't find anything. So weird that this info skipped my radar, but it's cool that we already know what these achievements are.

Yeah, I found the titles and the descriptions for each secret achievement. Neat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.