Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Well... Akihiko and Mitsuru confirmed.

• 124 results
    bbrcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By bbrcher

@FluxWaveZ said:

@endaround said:

@Hailinel said:

How are people arguing about how Mitsuru and Akihiko could join some sort of secret organization when they're only in college? What do you think S.E.E.S. was?

Misturu is likely running the freaking Kirijo group. We aren't talking about a normal thing here.

So Mitsuru is the bad guy this time.

Or she took it over and is cleaning up by kicking ass and taking names.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By FluxWaveZ

They're on the official site now: 

There's still that middle part... 
    There's still that middle part... 

More pics at Siliconera.
    Starclopsofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Starclopsofish

I'm callin it now - the last playable character is Ghoul.

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Rehtayne

Now that the character select screen appears mostly filled out, I've been wondering if the ordering of it holds any significance. With the one face down card in the middle, it makes it look as if there is a divide between the two sides. Perhaps an explanation for why they're all fighting in the first place?

It certainly doesn't look random. Aigis, Mitsuru, and Akihiko all have distinct spacing between them, despite their ties. Naoto is also separated from the rest of the Investigation Team as well, and also happens to be the one character not wearing the Yasogami uniform. Yu is wearing his, even when he presumably isn't even attending the school anymore. Given that Aigis was given her place before Yukiko's was revealed also makes me think that they weren't just throwing them in as they went, either.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Rehtayne: I dunno dude, it seems pretty random to me. At this point, there doesn't seem to be a clear reasoning behind the character placement.
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By AngelN7

Just one slot left huh? it´d be weird to bring Jumpei or Jukari alone so it must be someone else unless that´s the spot for the playable boss who knows ... Im hoping for old K-dog.

bbrcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By bbrcher

Did anyone guess Margaret yet? Or was there something about the game that made her a non-choice?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@bbrcher said:

Did anyone guess Margaret yet? Or was there something about the game that made her a non-choice?

People have said they've wanted Margaret in. I don't see any reason for her not to be in, but I don't think she's going to be the one, if there's only one character left. The game's producer has specifically said that there might be original characters, which probably means there'll be one.

nebula427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By nebula427

Here’s my theory. P4U is bridging the gap between P3 and P4 into P5. I think Elizabeth is the one behind the P4U tournament because she is trying to find the strongest persona users to help her save Minato; which is what the story for P5 will be. I don’t think Elizabeth will be a playable character though because she is so powerful.

I really want to see Yukari make the list. It would fit the story since her and Aigis became roommates at the end of The Answer. Yukari would naturally go looking for Aigis once she disappears.

LightningKimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By LightningKimba

The thing is about that theory, Nebula427, is that the storyline states TEDDIE is the one who created the tournament, not Elizabeth or anyone else.

Sadly, I think the final slot may be random for the Character Select screen, while the Twitter Icon section is probably hinting at our Original Character final boss. I would hope Junpei and Yukari come as DLC down the line, and maybe more characters with Arcana diversity, if it were possible.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#111  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@bbrcher said:

People have said they've wanted Margaret in. I don't see any reason for her not to be in, but I don't think she's going to be the one, if there's only one character left. The game's producer has specifically said that there might be original characters, which probably means there'll be one.

I bet is Marie (mary?) that they have been showing for the psp version of Persona 4.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Catolf said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@bbrcher said:

I bet is Marie (mary?) that they have been showing for the psp version of Persona 4.

I don't think Marie counts as an original character. I think it means a character that would originate from P4U.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By Mcfart

Akihiko should be on the cover of this game. His character fits perfectly for this type of game.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@Catolf said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@bbrcher said:

I don't think Marie counts as an original character. I think it means a character that would originate from P4U.

haha i said psp, i meant vita.. weird saying vita now. I don't see why it couldn't be her, with all the discussion that Marie is actually Elizabeth, it would make sense that she is running around like Aeigis and trying to find a way to save the p3 main. Which I still think persona 5 will be about..

P3 main had the world card for crying out loud, he is the protagonist above all protagonist at that point.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By BoG

First, I hope that whatever this story is about, it's non-canon. Second, I disagree that P5 will revolve around saving Minato. That the game's plot might revolve around the ending of a second, extra campaign wouldn't make sense in a series that, up to this point, has had no story connection between each iteration.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@BoG said:

First, I hope that whatever this story is about, it's non-canon.

The dev team has stated that the story is in fact canon and that Atlus is taking it very seriously. Why wouldn't you want it to be canon, though?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@BoG said:

The dev team has stated that the story is in fact canon and that Atlus is taking it very seriously. Why wouldn't you want it to be canon, though?

pretty much what FluxWaveZ said, why would you want it not to be canon? I mean I've stated my issues with what they are doing, but if they CAN pull it together story wise I'm more than willing to sit back and enjoy.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By BoG

@Catolf said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@BoG said:

pretty much what FluxWaveZ said, why would you want it not to be canon? I mean I've stated my issues with what they are doing, but if they CAN pull it together story wise I'm more than willing to sit back and enjoy.

Because fighting tournaments are silly.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@BoG said:

As a concept, they are pretty bland, yes. But I think Mortal Kombat (2011) has proven that a fighting game story mode can work very well even within the context of a tournament.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BoG

@FluxWaveZ said:

@BoG said:

As a concept, they are pretty bland, yes. But I think Mortal Kombat (2011) has proven that a fighting game story mode can work very well even within the context of a tournament.

That's what I understand, but I haven't played the new MK. I'm so accustomed to SF, that I've given up on fighting game stories. When the game is essentially a character mash-up, I have less hope. Not that I don't think the game can be quality, I love SSB and MvC, but I never hope for a good story. Given that Persona's characters actually dwell within the same universe (unlike other mashups), maybe there is a chance that the story can be good.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#121  Edited By Hailinel

@BoG said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@BoG said:

That's what I understand, but I haven't played the new MK. I'm so accustomed to SF, that I've given up on fighting game stories. When the game is essentially a character mash-up, I have less hope. Not that I don't think the game can be quality, I love SSB and MvC, but I never hope for a good story. Given that Persona's characters actually dwell within the same universe (unlike other mashups), maybe there is a chance that the story can be good.

Fighting game stories have actually gotten significantly better in recent years, though your mileage may vary. Even before Mortal Kombat, the BlazBlue and Guilty Gear series both presented story modes that go above and beyond the simplistic "Yo dawg, it's a fighting tournament, and then a random ending," that so commonly plagues the genre.

LightningKimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By LightningKimba

That does bring up a point - How would the game present the story? Via VN, similar to the case BB has, or another that I cannot think of an example for off the top of my head?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@LightningKimba said:

That does bring up a point - How would the game present the story? Via VN, similar to the case BB has, or another that I cannot think of an example for off the top of my head?

I think "will" would be more appropriate than "would". It's easy to imagine how the story could be handled given the similar templates that most fighting games have for a story mode.

LightningKimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By LightningKimba

@FluxWaveZ: Well, that is true, yes. And thanks for correctin' my grammar, little things like those often slip my tongue.

I'm somewhat hoping, if there is a literal Story Mode, it would follow the trend of BB's style of VN-play, though that is only speculation until the actual game comes out, or when the official site reveals ATLUS' and ArcSys' ideas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.