Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Looks like Persona 4 Golden might be coming to PC real soon.

• 54 results
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I know PC’s have gotten pretty powerful and people want to make use of their expensive hardware but why on Earth would anyone care about a turn based, semi-low poly RPG running at 240fps? Or anything above 100 for that matter? Bayonetta sure I get it..but Persona?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Justin258

@humanity said:

I know PC’s have gotten pretty powerful and people want to make use of their expensive hardware but why on Earth would anyone care about a turn based, semi-low poly RPG running at 240fps? Or anything above 100 for that matter? Bayonetta sure I get it..but Persona?

For me - and it seems like for Durante in his IGN port review - the issue isn't "I need to run this at 200+ FPS", it's "why doesn't this PS2 game run at an insane framerate on hardware that should be able to do so?"

The answer is that it's talking to an API way more often than you'd expect, as Durante noted. And nobody in their right mind would get up in arms about it. Maybe in 2070, when 120FPS is the standard on consoles and PC-exclusive gamers consider anything below 300 unplayable, but not in 2020 where 60 is the PC standard.

While we're on the topic, I'm personally just thrilled that the game runs at 60 properly. Surprise first time JRPG port of a late-era PS2 game from a developer that has never done a console port? That just screams problematic in a lot of ways. I was ready to hear reports that the game doesn't calculate damage correctly at anything other than 30FPS and crashes when you run it in anything other than 1024x768 fullscreen windowed, but nope, reports appear to conclude that calculations are not attached to framerate, resolution support is pretty good (but no ultrawide), and I haven't heard any reports of crashing. It's almost like they secretly got a consultant from Capcom or something.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@justin258: From that perspective I see what you mean. Not to get hung up on semantics but I suppose I would use the word “surprising” rather than “disappointing” when speaking of this age old games inability to reach those high framerates. But I do agree that on the surface it seems like modern hardware should if anything need to throttle itself down. Also I’m happy that this may be a sign of ports beginning to maintain a level of technical competency that was not a guarantee in the past. Hopefully they can keep this up going forward.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@zeik said:

Dual audio is cool, but I just want someone to mod in original Chie.

@nathhaw said:

I hope somebody comes up with a mod to put in the vanilla voices for Chie

Working on it - I've got a proof-of-concept up and running. It replaces the "AHA! Is this our chance?" line with the rather infamous old read (though the audio is a little too quiet to really match up at the minute).

Download: https://gofile.io/d/h5g8HN (MD5: F6BAD1653AE25564C3974ADE84F19367). You need XDeltaUI to install it.

Installation instructions:

1. Copy [Steam folder]\steamapps\common\Day\SND\ROOT_E.xwb to somewhere safe
    2. Run XDeltaUI and pick Patch: AHA.xdelta, Source File: ROOT_E.xwb you copied above, Output File: anywhere convenient, but make sure it is called ROOT_E.xwb
    3. Replace [Steam folder]\steamapps\common\Day\SND\ROOT_E.xwb (make sure you have a backup!) with the one you saved from XDeltaUI.
    4. Enjoy! :)

Uninstallation instructions:

1. Replace [Steam folder]\steamapps\common\Day\SND\ROOT_E.xwb with the backup you made in step one above.

Note: I can't make any guarantees that it will work or that it won't cause any issues. I've installed it and it seems to work, but I haven't done any extensive testing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.