Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Valentine's Day

• 66 results
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By rjayb89

Valentine's Day, a day you get to live in Charlie's life if certain requirements are met before the end of the year, was probably the only day I dreaded seeing considering I had multiple girlfriends at the time. The event, however, went very smoothly for me since, apparently, Marie and Yukiko are totally fine with sharing Charlie. Things could have gotten much more raw had I not caught wind of, let's say, "interesting" events happening that day for their Charlie. I honestly was hoping for a huge guilt trip to sit through, but nope. Just a nice day at the beach with Yukiko and an edible gift from Marie for being so awesome. And I guess it wouldn't be hard to imagine that Nanako would have been icing on the cake for those unfortunate Charlies out there that had a bad day by being given what was basically another Mystery Food X that she prepared for you, aided by the multiple romance partners Charlie could have had throughout the game (though not all of them).

How was your Valentine's Day?

Edit: Since you guys like to turn down Yukiko so much, here's some hot pics of Yukiko:

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

There's like no consequences for having more than 1 girlfriend in that game...other than being a sleazy scumbag (which I have no problem with).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Colourful_Hippie: I'm pretty sure Golden introduces consequence for multiple romantic interests with Valentine's Day, but it seems that Marie's the one exception when it comes to scenes that involve the romance options.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

On New Years, I drew a fortune saying I should limit myself to one partner... kinda freaked Yukiko out.

Little does she know I'm in with Chie, Marie, Rise, Ayane, Ai... oh, and Naoto. Especially Naoto. I'm a scumbag. I'll probably play that Valentine's day section tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it...

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colourful_hippie

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Colourful_Hippie: I'm pretty sure Golden introduces consequence for multiple romantic interests with Valentine's Day, but it seems that Marie's the one exception when it comes to scenes that involve the romance options.

I'm already well into December (the last one) and I haven't face any serious consequences yet so I guess I'm in the clear? Unless that ends up being put in the coming months along with the new content.

EDIT: Oh I read that too fast, well according to OP it looks like he slid on by scott free.

@TooWalrus said:

On New Years, I drew a fortune saying I should limit myself to one partner... kinda freaked Yukiko out.

Little does she know I'm in with Chie, Marie, Rise, Ayane, Ai... oh, and Naoto. Especially Naoto. I'm a scumbag. I'll probably play that Valentine's day section tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it...

I'm only missing Naoto, I gotta catch em all!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

@Colourful_Hippie: I lucked out with Naoto, it was only because I finished rescued Nanako in one day that I was able to get her to rank 10 before Christmas. My knowledge wasn't high enough, and I finished it on the last possible day... We spent Christmas together. She wore a girls uniform... Good stuff... Wow. I feel like, if my 15 year old self saw me typing this post, I'd probably try to kick my own ass.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

@TooWalrus: Now I'm just gonna cry if I end up missing the deadline

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mcfart

@TooWalrus said:

You're going to have 3 scenes where you break girls' hearts...the more girlsfriends you have, the more the guilt trip stacks :P

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By sarge1445

@Mcfart said:

@TooWalrus said:

You're going to have 3 scenes where you break girls' hearts...the more girlsfriends you have, the more the guilt trip stacks :P

ohh god that sounds fucking awful

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus

@sarge1445 said:

@Mcfart said:

@TooWalrus said:

ohh god that sounds fucking awful

Yes this... honestly doesn't sound good at all. Do I at least get to keep one?

atesh42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By atesh42

I hated myself after that Valentine's Day.

I'm sticking with one girl on my second playthrough!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Mcfart said:

So it only matters for romances involving Investigation Team members?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

I did actually feel a twinge of guilt the first time I cheated on Yukiko with Chie... but damn it, They recorded all new VA for all of those events! I'd be a jerk if I didn't listen to them all!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Mcfart said:

THEY WOULD HAVE DIED FOR YOU! Of course they would be the angry ones.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Oh man, just reminds me how much great new content is in this version of the game.

I'd say Valentines day depends on how much you're attached to the characters as to how it rates, but for me it's in the top 3. (Being Ski-Trip, Valentines Day and Beach day... though "up close and personal" was absolutely great as well... man, that music = the funniest thing in this game... or was it Venus Kanji? I CAN'T CHOOSE)

But yeah, extra lines from Naoto? I ain't complaining, especially as they nailed it with the writing - and the dialogue option when faced with Nanako's Chocolate was special.

Also you scumbags should be ashamed of yourselves : )

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@selfconfessedcynic: Ugh, I do hope there's an interesting scene with Marie on Valentine's Day, because she's my (one and only) romance option for my first playthrough in P4G and, so far, it seems that romancing anyone else would have been better. I couldn't even hang out with her on Christmas Eve.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: If you get rank 10 S-Link with Marie before Christmas you get a scene with her on Valentines no matter who you've romanced. I can say that the scene I got (friendship) was pretty funny, though short and I can't attest to how much more you get with her otherwise.

Man, you can't spend ski-trip with her either. Marie is a pretty cool character (though I know too many chicks like that in real life and experiences with them successfully kept me away from Marie, haha), but sounds to me like you've been a little screwed over by having her as your only romance in P4G.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@selfconfessedcynic: What? There was no special Christmas scene with Marie and I had reached level 10 with her way before that event. I just got the typical Christmas Eve scene with the guys, which was in the original game and which I think you're talking about.

I'm currently involved in some pretty heavy Marie related stuff in the game right now, so I'll see what happens after that's resolved...

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: *edited* I meant the Valentines Day scene with Marie (the cutoff for that is maxed S-Link before christmas though, like the rest of the extra Marie stuff).

You get one no matter what, though I assume it's different if she's a friend or otherwise.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@selfconfessedcynic: Ah, okay. At least I know there's something with her on Valentine's Day, heh. Some of the Marie dream flashback scenes are also different if one has romanced her, so maybe she's not as bad as I'm fearing in regards to an interesting romance option.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: I hope there's more for you in there - especially as she's the new character and all.

For example, the cabin scene in the ski trip was adorable, and EXTRA SPOILERY I'm not sure if you can get that scene with Marie, because of said deep business.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@selfconfessedcynic: I'm not sure about everything that exactly changes if you romance Marie after finishing the game, but I feel that there are a lot of subtle additions that make it worth it. It seems what she doesn't have compared to other options is the fact that Marie has no Christmas Eve scene and she's not part of the ski trip (and you hang out less with her, in general), but I guess that also applies to romance options that are not part of the Investigation Team.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By BradBrains

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Mcfart said:

was this ever verified. also any of you people with multiple girlfriends get to valentines day yet? I'm only going out with Chie right now so I can turn back now but i probably still wont be cause Im a scumbag.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rjayb89

I plan on romancing everyone I can on my new game plus (which won't (shouldn't) be anytime soon), but will choose Rise on this fateful day. I feel like she'd do well holding this over the other girls' heads. Then next time, it'll be a different girl and Rise just to see how Rise will react when I deny her the goods.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Chie is the only girl for me!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bocam
    No Caption Provided
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bocam: I assume it doesn't get any worse than that though, right? There can't be custom scenes for all of them.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By colourful_hippie

@selfconfessedcynic: Yeah there is, Chie's scene where I turned her down cuz I went with Naoto made me feel worse.

@Bocam said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bocam

@selfconfessedcynic: There's custom scenes for all of the investigation team girls

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bocam: @Colourful_Hippie:

: O

Oh man, that's pretty damn cool. I thought it'd just be a throw away line. I doubt I could ever bring myself to do any of that though, haha.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus
    @rjayb89@Colourful_Hippie@selfconfessedcynic

...so, shit tower collapsed all around me, as expected, and my 5-way affair came to a screeching halt. So when I had the option "Yukiko, Chie, Rise, Naoto or Ayane..." Well, I made the logical choice.  

So naturally, after four rejections, and I should have taken a screenshot of this, I'm at the beach with fucking AYANE and she asks me "Are you sure you wanted me to be here?" And the dialogue choice is just a phat "Who else?!" 

...I'm such a piece of shit. Next time I'm going with Naoto. Her rejection just crushed me the most...
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By toowalrus

BUT GOD DAMN, I HAVE SO MUCH CHOCOLATE!!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bocam

@TooWalrus: Naoto's V-day scene at the beach is probably the most cringe worthy thing in the entire game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By toowalrus
    @Bocam: I believe it. But... have you seen Ayane's? Oh god, it was... "Usually, my mom helps me make my Valentine's day chocolate, but this year I did it ALL by myself." 

I'm trying to punish myself here. Leave me alone.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bocam

@TooWalrus: "It is possible that, I want you decide everything for me. To dye these feelings of mine with your color. It's not fair, stealing my heart alone... you might as well take my everything."

No Caption Provided
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bocam: Maybe her dialogue is a bit less "intense" in the English version? 'Cause that definitely doesn't sound like something Naoto would say.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bocam

@FluxWaveZ: It's almost exactly the same. It just doesn't have the innuendo of Naoto wanting you to take her chastity.

Oh and here all are the rejection scenes

gunningyoudown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By gunningyoudown

I only had Marie as a lover ;) Im the nice guy

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: @Bocam: @TooWalrus:

Naoto's V-Day scene is effing intense. Some of it is all the way well written, some of it is her repeating the same thing she's said twice before by now and one line is just fucking batshit cray (and it actually retains that innuendo, though perhaps you can't even call it that anymore).

I have a save before every major event, so let's see...

(Click for a transcription with commentary - NEW CONTENT SPOILERS)

You came to the shore with Naoto... The cool breeze feels nice...

N: It's Quiet...

N: Um... sorry about what happened back at the school. I didn't have to say it like that, in front of everyone, but... I was just so nervous about today.

(Okay, so the first part sets the scene, sure. You'd think a woman who has been spending a day a week in your bedroom and/or going to the hotsprings with you would be a little less frigid, but w/e, that's Naoto.)

N: ....(VO: ummmm)

N: A-Anyway, here.

The Chocolate Naoto gives you is in a simple-looking box. (Dawww)

N: I... At first, I had it all wrapped up in some cute little package. But I took it off (VO: sigh), because it was too embarrassing carrying that around....

MC: Sounds like you / You're Right, it's simple. ('kinda jerk would say the second one?)

N: O-Oh...But... Maybe I should have kept it the way it was...

N: Still, I made it with you in mind. Please except it. And... um... well... if you could...

MC: Can I open it now? / Let's eat it together. (I laughed when I read the first option here - I know a guy who would have said exactly that in real life)

N: Oh, of course!

Naoto's chocolate has an adorable design etched in it with painstaking detail...(Daww)

... It tastes as elegant as it looks!(no clue how something can taste elegant, but sure - why not?)

The two of you share the chocolate...

N: I guess I did an okay job. I mean, what did I expect? I made it exactly the way the book said to... I started out wanting to make something that reflected how I really felt, but I couldn't think of anything...

(OKAY, NOW STOP ME IF YOU HAVE HEARD ANY OF THIS BEFORE)

(Also, this is where it starts being a bit cringe worthy)

N: When I'm with you... I start to lose sight of the identity I've created for myself. I'm blurring, becoming something new. I want to be happy with who I am... but I want YOU to be happy with who I am, too... And then I start wondering if I'm changing myself for my benefit or if I'm doing it for your approval... and what that means about me. (Yes. Yes you should wonder that oh my god - but again, if you've been paying attention to what she'd been saying for the last year this stuff comes as no surprise.)

N: I think... I want you to help me figure out who I really want to be. Because I know that if you're happy with who I am, I don't need anyone else's approval but my own. (Okay, that's a bit much but you still have at least a little backbone so that's good. I guess.)

MC: You're fine just the way you are / I want to change you / That's a big burden. (this can go either way really)

N: So... You're saying that... you like who I am now? I don't need to change myself for you?

N: (frustrated anime squiggle thing) I'm so immature. I hate it... This is the first time I've been in love. So matters of the heart are still... difficult for me.

The only sound you hear is the crashing of the waves...

(Best track in the game IMO comes in here, The Girl of the Hollow Forest - also heard in the plot climax of the Marie extra content)

(IMO, this part is actually very well written, and makes up for the rest, especially delivered in time with that music)

N: But... You've always got me figured out.

N: You're a master detective... Or a spy...(beat) It's not fair, stealing just my heart. (daww - a solid romance line which very much fits her character.)

(Aaaaand now it gets a bit much - craziest line in any romance scene I've seen in Persona)
    N: If you're going to take part of me... Take all of me.

You smell the sweet aroma of chocolate...

(Okay, that second line is actually pretty good, well, I'd be more comfortable if they were adults but still)

You spent a long time with Naoto...

(Okay, that's all, move along folks.)

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bocam said:

Oh god, that video is ROUGH.

Woah. Never want to see those again. (Rise just made me laugh though)

@TooWalrus said:

So naturally, after four rejections, and I should have taken a screenshot of this, I'm at the beach with fucking AYANE and she asks me "Are you sure you wanted me to be here?" And the dialogue choice is just a phat "Who else?!" ...I'm such a piece of shit. Next time I'm going with Naoto. Her rejection just crushed me the most...

But, you, sir, blew that out of the water and just made my day. Well done. XD

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By colourful_hippie
    @TooWalrus Wait so you failed the dungeon and then were dumped by the others?
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By colourful_hippie
    @Bocam

@FluxWaveZ: It's almost exactly the same. It just doesn't have the innuendo of Naoto wanting you to take her chastity.

Oh and here all are the rejection scenes

Damn Naoto's is the worst, I'm glad I didn't reject her and who the hell would pick Yumi over the others!?
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rjayb89

I was gonna watch that Valentine's Day video yesterday but choosing Yumi is wrong, so I stopped watching it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By toowalrus
    @Colourful_Hippie: Ha, no I didn't fail Marie's dungeon, actually, in the second half I just escaped from every battle I came across, I don't know if I was over-leveled at 75 or what, but I was only gaining a level after like, 30 shadows.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Red

I'm so glad Persona 4 let you take the route of friendship with female S. Links instead of Persona 3's forcing you to either date the character or not progress your Social Link past level 5 or 6.

But then again, now I have no excuse to get me out of choosing between Marie and Naoto.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Red said:

I'm so glad Persona 4 let you take the route of friendship with female S. Links instead of Persona 3's forcing you to either date the character or not progress your Social Link past level 5 or 6.

That can't be right, is it?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bocam

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Red said:

I think it was only changed in P3P.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bocam said:

Well, damn. Here I thought P3's S. Links were somewhat superior to P4 because of the numerous "Reverse" and "Broken" mechanics, but that changes my opinion.

And man that Valentine's Day video is harsh. I was thinking of attempting to do the same on New Game+ but there's no way in hell I'm going through that.

dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dogman795

Man, I normally go for Rise because it just seems more in "canon" with the non-social link stuff, but i may have to go for Naoto on NG+ after seeing those scenes

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karmosin

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Red said:

Was it not only so that the girls couldn't get mad anymore? Or did you get the option to just be friends? Though it would be weird if they didn't fix that in P3P, seeing that it was released after P4.

Also, Chie should just kick Douchebag-Charlie in the nuts. Galatic punt his ass!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.