Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Atlus team to focus on persona 5

• 141 results
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By Zripwud

@Animasta said:

Persona 2 didn't have it and it had the best story in the series. I like em too but it's not necessarily the best part about it.

I'm not saying it's the best part, but it's a structure that works beautifully, and I'd like it very much if they decided to exlpore it even more.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Animasta

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

Persona 2 didn't have it and it had the best story in the series. I like em too but it's not necessarily the best part about it.

I'm not saying it's the best part, but it's a structure that works beautifully, and I'd like it very much if they decided to exlpore it even more.

even more? I don't know what that means exactly, I don't know how they could do more than what they've already done with that concept.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By WarlordPayne

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

even more? I don't know what that means exactly, I don't know how they could do more than what they've already done with that concept.

They could have the social links factor into the actual story rather than being completely separate.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By illmatic19

What will come out first? The Last Guardian, FF Versus XIII, or Persona 5?

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Zripwud

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

They could have the social links factor into the actual story rather than being completely separate.

This. This is something i'd really like. Also, they could make that other characters respond to you being in a relationship with a character. And maybe develop even further on you having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Kowalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Kowalo

Damn, doesn't sound like they'll be ready to show anything at TGS.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Animasta

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

That's probably too complicated to do properly, or they'll just half ass it.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By samcotts

I'm not as keen on this using P3 and P4 characters again for P5 idea that y'all seem to be. I'd much rather a new location with a new set of characters. I've already spent about two hundred plus hours with the likes of Chie and Mitsuru. Bring on an entire new cast. I haven't played P4A yet though, maybe that'll change my opinion.

Thank god for some Persona 5 news, though. Still can't see us getting it until 2014, but it's nice to hear something.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Mcfart

@Zripwud said:

@WarlordPayne said:

@Animasta said:

@Zripwud said:

@Animasta said:

This. This is something i'd really like. Also, they could make that other characters respond to you being in a relationship with a character. And maybe develop even further on you having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

In P3 and P4, you could get all the S-links maxed in 1 playthough, so you kinda had to hang out with everyone. Plus, they removed the "can't have multiple girlfriends" in p3p, cause it wasen't a good mechanic.

What I suggest with S-Links is perhaps having them lead to different endings, maybe kinda like Devil Survivor 2 did. Depending on what you max, different endings are available...? Though, unlike DS2, don't make it possible to have all endings accessible. Choices between characters must be made.

But really, I woulden't complain if they kept the same system and just made a bunch of interesting storylines. S-Links are like Visual Novel routes, so as long as those "routes" are good, I have no prob with them.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#110  Edited By golguin

@samcotts said:

I'm not as keen on this using P3 and P4 characters again for P5 idea that y'all seem to be. I'd much rather a new location with a new set of characters. I've already spent about two hundred plus hours with the likes of Chie and Mitsuru. Bring on an entire new cast. I haven't played P4A yet though, maybe that'll change my opinion.

Thank god for some Persona 5 news, though. Still can't see us getting it until 2014, but it's nice to hear something.

Playing through the P4A story mode made me realize how much I missed the P4 characters and the P3 characters to a lesser extent (Aigis is still cool). The story shows that some new game, maybe not Persona 5, but something will continue what happened at the end.

Skatoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Skatoz
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112  Edited By Cincaid
    Skatoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Skatoz
    betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By betterboulder

@Skatoz: There was a topic on hear about this very channel nearly a year ago that did some digging to find they were just fan made. Of course it may all just be an elaborate ruse by Atlus to make us think that very thing.

Skatoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Skatoz

@betterboulder: Oh I see... Thanks for info. Well lets hope 2012-2013 atlus announce something about persona 5 trailer would be fine.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116  Edited By Cincaid

@Skatoz: Here's hoping they'll show something (ANYTHING!) at this year's TGS - Tokyo Game Show. Though I'm not really holding my breath for that...

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Nottle

@betterboulder: I was there when that happened, I was pretty excited because the music was pretty good. Also i liked the artwork.

Skatoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Skatoz

http://i.imgur.com/RHXXr.png great picture to show some ideas what can be used in persona 5. Also I'm looking forward to shoji meguros music.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mutha3
    @Skatoz said:

@Cincaid said:

@Skatoz said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncj4MhqDgHI&feature=plcp Look at this pic! :o

Quite sure that's just fan-made stuff.

Yeah i think so too, but why make so many songs? Look at that channel and in one video there are date 2013.

@betterboulder said:

@Skatoz: There was a topic on hear about this very channel nearly a year ago that did some digging to find they were just fan made. Of course it may all just be an elaborate ruse by Atlus to make us think that very thing.

-look at the mish-mash of art styles, that mostly consists of edited versions of various pixiv artists. I dunno if he even asked permission to photoshop their artwork, lol -- more importantly the fact that it doesn't look like Shigenori Soejima art one bit.
    -Google translate the video description to find out that pretty much all of these songs are selected from various popular Japanese musicians, the guy didn't make any of it himself.

Its just one(or maybe multiple?) insanely dedicated fan.
    Skatoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Skatoz

@mutha3: Yeah I noticed that the art style it's a lot different than in other persona games(persona 3/4 to be more precisely). Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Skatoz said:

Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

Nope.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By glyn

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Skatoz said:

Its been a long time since they announced about persona 5 so I think there's has to be some leads or leaks.

Nope.

Yep

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ProfessorK

I honestly want another game in the Nocturne and the Digital Devil universes.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#124  Edited By Hailinel
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@ProfessorK: Atlus is working on Shin Megami Tensei IV as we speak (Nocturne is SMTIII in Japan).

we won't know if it has anything to do with 3 though. Probably won't in fact

Also @ProfessorK: digital devil saga is done after 2.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@ProfessorK: Atlus is working on Shin Megami Tensei IV as we speak (Nocturne is SMTIII in Japan).

I didn't say it would. Only that the next proper game in the series Nocturne is from is coming.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

I didn't say it would. Only that the next proper game in the series Nocturne is from is coming.

yeah but wanting a sequel to nocturne and wanting another mainline SMT game is a different thing

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ProfessorK

@Animasta: I know, but I really had grown attached to the characters and transformations ya know >.<

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Hailinel said:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK is all I have to say

Atlus and Valve focusing on pointless bullshit as always

If they're not working on P5 right now after the multiple cliffhangers from P4:A... argh, INTERNET RAGE

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mtcantor

SMT IV is probably closer to done than you think. Persona 5 is just getting started. Its OK.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Hailinel
    @pyrodactyl

@Hailinel said:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK is all I have to say

Atlus and Valve focusing on pointless bullshit as always

If they're not working on P5 right now after the multiple cliffhangers from P4:A... argh, INTERNET RAGE

I can't tell if you're seriously that angry or not.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By eirikr

How dare Atlus use two disparate teams to work on multiple games at once!

dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By dogman795

And how dare they release a game from their main series that hasn't hard a proper installment in forever instead of there spinoff franchise that just had a new release this month!

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Woah, the whole dichotomy of Persona / main Shin Megami Tensei has a much more belligerent divide than I thought existed! Full disclosure, I've never played any of the original Shin Megami Tensei games... I guess I should get to that?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Hailinel

@EquitasInvictus said:

Woah, the whole dichotomy of Persona / main Shin Megami Tensei has a much more belligerent divide than I thought existed! Full disclosure, I've never played any of the original Shin Megami Tensei games... I guess I should get to that?

I'm not sure if it's that widespread, or just something that happens here. A lot of people around these parts only got their first exposure to anything MegaTen related through the P4 Endurance Run and have no concept of Shin Megami Tensei or its non-Persona spin-offs.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#136  Edited By eirikr

@Hailinel said:

I'm not sure if it's that widespread, or just something that happens here. A lot of people around these parts only got their first exposure to anything MegaTen related through the P4 Endurance Run and have no concept of Shin Megami Tensei or its non-Persona spin-offs.

It's pretty strong on GB, but exactly because of the Endurance Run. Persona is just more popular and generally appealing, enough said. Though if I was bitter about it, I definitely wouldn't have stuck around to do all the wiki stuff I've done here. :D

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Zripwud

¡Ngh!

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#139  Edited By donutfever

I can't wait until next year when we'll finally get a good look at the logo.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@DonutFever said:

Dude, just a logo would make me so excited.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#141  Edited By donutfever
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@DonutFever said:

Dude, just a logo would make me so excited.

You're not alone. I honestly think I would end up spending hours analyzing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.