Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Square Enix asks: Persona 5 or Final Fantasy XV

• 110 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-613530a4a129c
    deactivated-613530a4a129c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Poll Square Enix asks: Persona 5 or Final Fantasy XV (1115 votes)

Persona 5 91%
    Final Fantasy XV 9%

In a recent poll on Square Enix's site, they ask users to imagine a scenario where both Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV come out around the same time, and you can only choose one. Which one would you play? Hint: CLEARLY, there's only one right choice here.

• 
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#101  Edited By liquiddragon

@believer258: ok thanks. Hopefully I can beat it a little faster than P3. I am a slow reader but I was feeling my way around my first Megaten game with P3. Having control over all the characters and better UI would help out a lot I think.

@stordoff: coo thanks.

btw, which one you guys like better between P3 and 4? is it just which one you played first?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was all on board with FFXV from the trailers but after playing the demo i'm having second thoughts. I know i'll play it but it's not the day one purchase I thought it'd be. Persona 5 is still an unknown quantity and as such is more exciting. I know it wont have the crazy set pieces and ridiculous production values that Final Fantasy is now known for but i'm okay with that.

Neurogia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Persona 3 and 4 both lost me when they turned into high school simulators. I'd rather take a road trip and explore the world. Final Fantasy XV gets my vote. (N.B. I have not played Final Fantasy XIII, or any of its spinoffs, so the Final Fantasy brand to me has not been ruined.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
    deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zero expectations that FF XV will be in anyway good given it's time spent in development hell, and Persona is just oozes quality every time they show it so it's an easy choice really.

cooperb212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By cooperb212

Is this really a surprise to anyone? Look at the recent FF games and Persona games, most of FF fan base is from old games and most recent stuff has been really poorly received besides the remaster's of there past success. Where Persona the series got better over time and last two entries are considered among some of the great's of jrpg's.

I would say this forum is alot more for Persona, compare that to a few other sites/forums where some have FF winning.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106  Edited By lethalki11ler

I was super psyched for Final Fantasy XV back when it was still called Versus XIII... and then time passed... and passed... and passed and more Final Fantasy games came out lowering my "need" to play the game. Now I have no expectations and don't really see a release date coming any time soon.

Meanwhile, Persona 5 looks like it will be a complete product in the next year or so and has impressed me with every bit of info that's come out. Bring on both games, hope they're both great but clearly Persona 5 took the top spot in my expected future JRPG purchases.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

FFXV looks great, but c'mon, it's Persona.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nothing to do with Giant Bomb but I have never understood why FF was so popular, everything FF7 and beyond is melodramatic anime crap. Persona has STTYLLLLLE.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Persona 5 for me too, since I don't want to spoil the inevitable FF XV Endurance Run for myself.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By petethepanda

I'm more excited for XV than I have been for a Final Fantasy for years, but Persona just kind of steamrolls anything else for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.