Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Peter Moore

Person » credited in 53 games

Peter Moore was the Chief Operating Officer of EA, responsible for product development, global product management, marketing, and planning for all packaged goods and online offerings.

Peter Moore leaving EA

WeyounNumber6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

... to become CEO of Liverpool Football.

Personally I've loved listening to his interviews over the years. Super passionate guy, huge respect for him and his lifelong love of sport and gaming. Wish him the best!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

Wow, that is fucking amazing. I remember him saying he was a Liverpool fan in one of the E3's. I thought you were fucking around and had to verify this. Ok...I had Jack Tretton as my top console boss but Peter Moore just shot up a spot for goddamn sure. What A Boss!!

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By forteexe21

Where was his tattoo when he announced this? and how do they compare to the gootch's hotspurs?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Zevvion

I don't care about football, but that's pretty badass. Seems like both a step up as well as a dreamjob for him. Good for him.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Ah man, I saw this coming. I mean he had to notice that Giant Bomb was hiring and finally decided to follow his dreams.

I look forward to series such as Moore Flight Club, Breaking Brad Moore and Even Moore Mario Party Party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good for him. Seems to be his real passion in life, or one of them at least.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looking at his Wikipedia page, the whole video game part seems to be the odd part of his career path: Sportsware Company, Reebok (primarily trainer company), PE Teacher, Sega, Microsoft, EA, Liverpool FC. I hope he enjoys his new Job, good for him.

...Does this mean EA will stop making Fifa the centre-pieces of their conferences now?

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

I hope he uses tattoo's to announce new signings.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dixavd said:

...Does this mean EA will stop making Fifa the centre-pieces of their conferences now?

Either that or Liverpool announce that their home matches will only be able to view on Origin.

That's one hell of a move, good luck to the guy but a little sad that one of the few remaining hype men has left the industry.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dixavd: Yeh, EA has no interest in Football now that he is gone.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Where was his tattoo when he announced this? and how do they compare to the gootch's hotspurs?

Yeah, we really need a hot take on this from Lang and the Gootch.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@dixavd: It's their number one revenue driver, so I'd expect it to be as front and center as ever.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flasaltine

What do FC CEO's do? In American Football we have GM's that manage the roster and stuff. Then there are the owners who sign all the paychecks and maybe get a small say in the roster, unless they are Jerry Jones who is also the GM.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

This brought a smile to my face when I saw it.

From what I've heard he clearly loves the sport and team so I'm sure he'll enjoy working there.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Not sure if it's a step up, he becomes a CEO but it's of a club with revenue of 431m compared to EA which is one of the biggest game companies and revenue is 4.3b

The CEO part seems to be the main step up.

As for what a chief exec does, well they have a big hand in negotiations and transfers of players. But he won't need to worry about that as we (Liverpool FC) don't sign anyone these days. He's responsible for expanding the business through commercial deals and we will be looking to expand the stadium further in the next few years so he'll need to make the recent extension profitable and work on the financing for the next stage.

As a Liverpool fan I'm pretty disappointed in this, we needed someone with football knowledge and inside connections. What's Peter Moore going to bring to the table, i know a guy who can change your player rating to 99 on fifa?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.