Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pid

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 31, 2012

A whimsical but difficult puzzle-platformer by Might & Delight, a studio formed by ex-employees of GRIN.

Your Impressions!

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AssInAss

Played nearly 2 hours, it's challenging but relaxing at the same time with the music. Oh man, the music is great. The art style is so unique.

Landing
    Landing
    The Castle
    The Castle
    Attic
    Attic
    Devil
    Devil

The controls are precise, the beam mechanic is solid. Some cool simple stealth.

And I'm loving the story. You're a kid who gets on an intergalactic school bus with other space cadets but you sleeps past your stop and end up on the wrong planet? You're trying to get the bus to the city, Whistleton, but have to get through a castle with lots of very home-y environments.

You haven't seen chest opening this intense!

Currently stuck at this puzzle:

Tough Puzzle
    Tough Puzzle
    cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cannonballbam

I just picked up the deluxe edition from their site. I am downloading it through steam. Can't wait.

mabber36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mabber36

reminds me too much of limbo, which I didn't like

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AssInAss

Wait until you get to the Chef boss, hilarious stuff and a tough one!

I'm in the Sitting Room now, with some friendlies in a hub. This is so good!

pachydermic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pachydermic

Only about an hour in, and really liking it so far. It's pretty challenging, which I think has been turning some people off - there's definitely a few tricky spots, especially if you're going for secrets or extra stars. The music and look of the game are pretty awesome.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xeirus

@mabber36 said:

reminds me too much of limbo, which I didn't like

I can never understand when someone says something like this. If you don't like Limbo, what puzzle/platformer could you ever like...

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PhantomGardener

I have only played the game for 30min, but I'm already loving it!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kindgineer

I'm shy for hitting the purchase button. I love puzzle platformers, but I'm not very good at them. I don't know if I want to get into Pid only to find out that later on the game is merciless; it'll destroy my experience.

pachydermic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pachydermic

@ck1nd: It's a hard game. I've gotten pretty frustrated at points - some of it seems a bit unfair and you end up redoing a lot of easy stuff over and over again before you can get to the hard part and figure that out. It's unforgiving. The way that you die kinda discourages exploration, which is a shame.

On the other hand, it's really rewarding to finish a section, even if it does feel unfair at points. Games these days are pretty easy - they're definitely trying to recall some of those brutal NES games in a modern way. It's not as hard as those games, though (thank god).

The graphical style and music are really awesome. Totally a fan of that aspect. Even my girlfriend likes to watch me play it.

Does anyone know how to convert the "asset" files into audio files? Can you use Unity to do that?

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AssInAss

HOLY SHIT Rooftop City boss is easily hardest boss battle this year for me. They take everything away from you! Took me 2 hours to beat him :(

Palms are sweating like wild.

mastrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mastrein

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you that we are collecting walkthroughs on our youtube channel.https://www.youtube.com/user/MightAndDelight

@AssInAss said:

HOLY SHIT Rooftop City boss is easily hardest boss battle this year for me. They take everything away from you! Took me 2 hours to beat him :(

Palms are sweating like wild.

Yeah he is a pretty mean one! You can jump every time he drops a bomb or stay in your beam to stay safe from them. Also, the jumping bot that appears sometimes gives you a life vest! Also, you can drop a regular beam and at the same time a burst beam to give the crook two hits at the same time!

@Pachydermic said:

Does anyone know how to convert the "asset" files into audio files? Can you use Unity to do that?

you can buy the deluxe edition on our site! That includes the soundtrack and a steam code. Also DRM free! http://www.pidgame.com/index.php?page=buy

Skrams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Skrams

@Pachydermic said:

@ck1nd: It's a hard game. I've gotten pretty frustrated at points - some of it seems a bit unfair and you end up redoing a lot of easy stuff over and over again before you can get to the hard part and figure that out. It's unforgiving. The way that you die kinda discourages exploration, which is a shame.

On the other hand, it's really rewarding to finish a section, even if it does feel unfair at points. Games these days are pretty easy - they're definitely trying to recall some of those brutal NES games in a modern way. It's not as hard as those games, though (thank god).

This. Some of it can be oh god kill me hard and sometimes unfair. That Balloon Robber Man Balloon for example because I hate him so much but eventually beat him after probably 2 hours or something. I also want to explore but yeah you'll die on simple things and it can be annoying to redo 30 seconds of things to get to that part again. Some of the stuff just requires perfection on moves I just can't for the life of me get down like jumping down and throwing one on an adjacent wall to catch me. And after looking at the difference between normal and hard on the M&D youtube I can safely say I will never attempt it. Never.

Also I have a hard time skipping stars and things even though I never spend them. You constantly get items and usually they give you them when you need them so I just never see a point.

mastrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mastrein

@Skrams said:

That Balloon Robber Man Balloon for example because I hate him so much but eventually beat him... Also I have a hard time skipping stars and things even though I never spend them. You constantly get items and usually they give you them when you need them so I just never see a point.

I consider myself one of the worst platformer gamer here at MaD, so I constantly use items just blowing most of the obstacles up! So I never have any money =p

In retrospective I wish we would have given some hints when it comes to the boss battles. Take crook for example, we could have told the player to stay above the ground (in a beam) or jump to avoid the bomb damage. And that it is easier to press down the second you are over his head, so the gem drops straight down into his funnel. If you time this right you can't miss. Also that you can throw a burst and a regular gem at the same time, to give him double damage. And to avoid the bullets, you can be in a beam at the highest point and just jump over the bullets. Since you fall down without seeing the ground many times in the game, the standard procedure should be throwing a gem downwards so it will catch you before you land on something evil.

But we wanted the players to figure all those things out for themselves like you have to do playing metroid for example.

That said we are working on something that will make things easier for players but it all comes down to sales right now. We are taking your critic very seriously and appreciate that you share them with us.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By jacdg

Well, I now have a new found hatred of red balloons, damn that was not the most fun I've ever had I really don't want to spend more than an hour on a boss before I figure the trick out by accident, oh well, rest of the game is great.

mastrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mastrein

@JacDG said:

Well, I now have a new found hatred of red balloons, damn that was not the most fun I've ever had I really don't want to spend more than an hour on a boss before I figure the trick out by accident, oh well, rest of the game is great.

Wait until you meet the purple balloon! (JOKE)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By jacdg

Well, I'm the 15th person in the world (according to the leaderboards at least) to finish this game, and with the 6th fastest time! Honestly, I didn't really enjoy any of the boss battles, but I loved the rest of the game! Cute, but great little story, amazing visuals and a stunning soundtrack to go along with some pretty nice puzzles. The boss fights are the only really downside to me, so if you like boss fights the old school way or aren't easily frustrated, PICK THIS GAME UP!

mastrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mastrein

Here is a video series of us playing through the game in 2 hours :)

We are working on something that will make things easier for players but maybe this will help a little.

WARNING: Spoilers, we are playing through the entire game in this video series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXcVUt5ASu4&feature=plcp

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.