Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Your Fondest PS2 Memories

• 58 results
    DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DelroyLindo

shadow of the colossus

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By LackingSaint

Jak 2. When I was a kid I absolutely loved the first game, and in the years between the first and second I saw those previews and it had hinted at these huge gameplay and tonal changes and it hyped me up ridiculously. When the release finally arrived I marathonned that whole thing and was obsessed with it, such a wonderful feeling. I don't think i've ever played a game that so beautifully innovated away from the preceding game, while still keeping the heart and feel of it.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Lucifer

Though I have many fond memories of other games mentioned in this thread, like SOTC and Persona, my biggest one is EASILY Devil May Cry 3, it was my first exposure to DMC, and the second I fired it up, the second I stated playing, I just knew, the gothic enviroments, the baddass maincharacter, the absolutely amazing combat, and the overwhelming sense of style, my 13 year old self just knew, this game was MADE for me. Everything just clicked. And you know when you play something so much, and it has such a strong impression on you, you are so completely immersed, that when you go to bed, it is as if you are still playing? Yup, I had that. It was literally the case with when you see tetris blocks falling, but with DMC3 gameplay instead.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Cincaid

Playing through Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle in EU). I still firmly believe it's one of the (if not the) best game released on the PS2, and I'm heartbroken that Level 5 doesn't seem interested in making any sequel.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By HellBrendy

It's probably. GTA San Andreas. Or Metal Gear Solid 2. Or 3. Or some of those Jak and Daxter-games.

I'll stop now, the nostalgia is tearing me up .

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Sinusoidal

I didn't pick up a PS2 until after this generation of consoles was already out. I got a slim and a truckload of games and proceeded to spend every waking moment of free time I had catching up. I started doing the same with this generation late last year, I've got a stack of 40 PS3 games sitting in front of me that I want to play, but can't find the time in between developing my own game (done, download it here: http://wikisend.com/download/402388/PRESSSPACE_1.1.zip) , paying some attention to the wife, and y'know, working, ugh...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Ravenlight

Fission Mailed.

My young mind was completely blown.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By TheHT

spending all evening at a friends place playing MGS2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.