Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Convince me to buy a PS3!

• 68 results
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By CaptainObvious
    @Joey2683: Nobody really does that :P
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By killdave

Peter: You remember that time I was supposed to get that boat? A BOAT'S A BOAT, but the mystery box could be anything. IT COULD EVEN BE A BOAT. You know how much we wanted one of those.
    Lois: Peter, that happened ten minutes ago.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By zyn

GO BUY A ONE OF THOSE PLAY STATIONZ THINGS NAO!!!

convinced?

Eriktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Eriktion

Wait for the slim and price cut come X-mas.

Buy the guitar and go play on the street to raise money for the PS3 later on.

Just for the record - I F***IN LOVE MY PS3 !!!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#55  Edited By Soap

You should buy one so you can log into Playstation home and pretend to be a girl, the little kids love that.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By super_machine

I cant do that. PS3 is a classy lady and she is too good for you. You would just play her for a few months, then put her aside and let her collect dust.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Godwind

Fuck both.

Turn your $1,000 into a larger sum.  Invest into the stock market.  Educate yourself.  Buy books instead.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By super_machine

Buy a gun and a ski mask. Then you can get both.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Blu-Ray. Also, with that extra money, buy drugs.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#60  Edited By galiant
    @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " You already have a guitar, but you don't have a PS3. Someone who's really good at playing the guitar doesn't need a fancy guitar to make good music, you know it's true! So practice your guitar playing and buy yourself a PS3! Problem solved =) You'll have some great games to play and you'll still have your guitar! "
    False, a good guitar goes a long way. "
    A good guitar does not a better guitar player make =/ "
    Again...a better guitar can go a long way..you're talking like a guy who doesn't even play guitar. "
    I can have an opinion that's different from yours and still play guitar, you know.Okay, let's put it this way: If I had the choice between buying a PS3 or a new and better guitar, I would buy a PS3 (assuming I didn't have one already). My old Peavey guitar and amp still does the trick and buying a new guitar wouldn't change much for me. Since the topic creator's two passions are games and guitars, I'd heartily recommend a PS3 if only for all the content he would otherwise miss. A new guitar really doesn't add that much to the table when compared to an entire new console with the library of games that includes. "
    That's not an opinion...a better guitar sounds 100x better then a shitty one and gives you an overall better sound. That's like saying a wal-mart guitar will sound the same as a Gibson Les Paul Standard. "
    The guy says his two passions are games and guitars, I highly doubt he has something from this Wal-Mart you speak of (sounds cheap).

Anyway, I'm done with this! My opinion on the PS3 vs New Guitar still stands, if the topic creator hasn't already made his choice =P
    NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By NikoBellic

Yeah.. Buy it!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By CL60
    @Galiant said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Galiant said:
    " You already have a guitar, but you don't have a PS3. Someone who's really good at playing the guitar doesn't need a fancy guitar to make good music, you know it's true! So practice your guitar playing and buy yourself a PS3! Problem solved =) You'll have some great games to play and you'll still have your guitar! "
    False, a good guitar goes a long way. "
    A good guitar does not a better guitar player make =/ "
    Again...a better guitar can go a long way..you're talking like a guy who doesn't even play guitar. "
    I can have an opinion that's different from yours and still play guitar, you know.Okay, let's put it this way: If I had the choice between buying a PS3 or a new and better guitar, I would buy a PS3 (assuming I didn't have one already). My old Peavey guitar and amp still does the trick and buying a new guitar wouldn't change much for me. Since the topic creator's two passions are games and guitars, I'd heartily recommend a PS3 if only for all the content he would otherwise miss. A new guitar really doesn't add that much to the table when compared to an entire new console with the library of games that includes. "
    That's not an opinion...a better guitar sounds 100x better then a shitty one and gives you an overall better sound. That's like saying a wal-mart guitar will sound the same as a Gibson Les Paul Standard. "
    The guy says his two passions are games and guitars, I highly doubt he has something from this Wal-Mart you speak of (sounds cheap).Anyway, I'm done with this! My opinion on the PS3 vs New Guitar still stands, if the topic creator hasn't already made his choice =P "
    Okay then, a Epiphone Les Paul 100, and  Gibson Les Paul Standard, I have both. It is impossible for me to go back to my epiphone now because it is a piece of garbage and sounds like shit. Because my gibson is MUCH better quality. It makes a giant difference.
    knicknak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By knicknak

1. Software Updatable BluRay Player

2. PS3 Media Server - play a video library that resides on your PC
    3. Gaming console with games that are getting better - (inFamous, SARPBC, Fat Princess)
    4. Free PSN, Free Demos, Free Add-on Content, Pulse
    5. YDL Linux dual boot - ZeroGame emulator Project (NES, SNES, MAME, etc using bluetooth controler), Computer (FireFox, Office-type programs, etc)
    6. Bulit in web-browser - wanna watch a live broadcast on your TV of a channel you can't get - justin.tv, ustream.tv, etc  

No "console" gives you all of this.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By DukesT3

Get a Zune.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Wolverine
    @PentaCube: I don't mean to ruin your fun but you should just save your money. If you need convincing to get a PS3 do you really need a PS3? Save the money until you are just dying to have something. Then spend it.
    JasonBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JasonBlood

Well in my honest opinion if you like Video Games buy a PS3. The 360 is a great console but the PS3 has everything that the 360 has besides a few exclusives, everything else is multi-plat. On top of having about %90 of the library the 360 does you also have some great exclusive such as Killzone 2, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Fat Princess Etc. And after E3 there's loads more to get in the future

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By c1337us

If you can't come to the decision yourself. You don't really want one.

Still right now the PS3 is the current gen console I am playing most. The game base has gotten bigger, its reliable, great fun to play. So get one man. Oh and if you don't have Blu-ray its got that too.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By dj

You should get yourself some really cheap ass guitars and break them. That's better than any video game I've ever played; I speak from my own personal experience. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.