Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Good PS3 games?

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Hey, I'll be getting an 80gb PS3 next summer and I was wondering what game I should get with it?  (Yeah, its a little early but whatev...)  I'd rather have an exclusive for PS3, because I will buy all multiplats on Xbox.  (So I don't use up precious GBs)

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I don't have a PS3, but I'd be really interested in Valkyria Chronicles if I did.  Check that out if you're into strategy RPGs. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By chililili
    Video_Tycoon said:
    "Hey, I'll be getting an 80gb PS3 next summer and I was wondering what game I should get with it?  (Yeah, its a little early but whatev...)  I'd rather have an exclusive for PS3, because I will buy all multiplats on Xbox.  (So I don't use up precious GBs)"
    First of all there are too many threads that are open about this already so dig them up. Second from here to summer is a very long time and new exclusives will be available which would make our opinions right now moot so ask again april-ish
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

I would pick up all the usual's:

MGS4
    LBP
    Resistance

And also Prince of Persia, since it's better on the Playstation, even if it's by just a tiny bit.

ILOVETHEENOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ILOVETHEENOT

here's my list of what I'd recomend you check out, because I don't know your gaming preferences, I'll list a few different things

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    2. Little Big Planet
    3. Resistance: Fall Of Man
    4. Resistance 2
    5. Folklore
    6. Motorstorm 1
    7. Motorstorm 2
    8. and Metal Gear Solid 4 if your into that type of game

Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Throne

Next Summer?! Seriously! Well, since it's such a long time frame til summer, I'm sure there will be a few great games that will come out during that time. But here's what I recommend:

1) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    2) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    3) Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    4) Resistance 2
    5) LittleBigPlanet
    6) Motorstorm 2
    7) Killzone 2

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

well Killzone 2 will be out in February, 

buy LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, umm i think Uncharted 2 will be out in the summer too so get that!, get Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Metal Gear Solid 4, MLB The show 09 should be out by then and '08 was awesome if your into sports games thats an exclusive and the highest rated MLB game period,   Warhawk might get another price drop so get that off the PlayStation Store and get some other exclusive DLC games like Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wuffi

killzone 2 soonnnn

Aknock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Aknock

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and LittleBigPlanet are all good... if you haven't noticed already from everyone else.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By daniel_beck_90

MGS 4

Resistance 2

Uncharted : drake’s fortune

Little big planet

Killzone 2

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VirtuaXav

Resistance 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted and Killzone 2 should be sweet too.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tomzombie

warhawk,    Little big planet,  Motorstorm Pacific rim,   killzone 2 looks good for now

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coakroach

If you have good internets and love multiplayer  FPS's then grab yourself some Resistance 2
    Or get Littlebigplanet and support innovative, original gaming

geekpimpfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geekpimpfx
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

Just to add: Tekken 5, Quest For Booty, Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD are all good PSN downloads.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By keyhunter

I like how all the good games can be counted on one hand.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By suneku

I'll say Valkyria Chronicles since it's one not mentioned much.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AaronBelfast

Killzone 2? Ohhh yes.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#19  Edited By citizenkane

I am seriously considering getting a PS3 later this month if Sony still doesn't plan on a price cut for early next year.

Chupacabra24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chupacabra24

The Great and Mighty Chupster doth decree that, if one truly desires a masterful experience from the Mighty Machine of Overpricedness and Most High Underratedness, you must acquire the following Exclusive Titles of Infinite Value and Awesomeness and none other, for these are alone the most eyebleeding and funwreaking of all that there are, yea verily.

1: Resistance 2 - A finer shooter with a more compelling ending exists not, and the smooth, lag-free online play, along with addictive cooperative modes, be golden upon even to the heavens;

2: MotorStorm/MotorStorm 2 - Underrated by many including the exalted high Chupster at first, this fine piece of gamery is amongst the sweetest and most enjoyable digital fruit of the racing genre, and any who say differently have obviously not spent more than 5 minutes with it;

3: Warhawk - And lo, an online-only package shall be delivered with USB-rechargable headset, and it shall flutter down upon gossamir wings and blow 30 kinds of epic digital hell out of those that stand against you, and 40 kinds of epic digital hell out of your opinion of what a good online game shall be; and there shall be Jets of Much Badassery and Tanks of Heavy Killing Power and Gun Emplacements of OMG-j00-R-SO-Dead, and Flamethrowers and other treats, and the Lord Chupster shall smile down and say that yea verily, it is good;

4: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - And there shall come to be one of the most masterfully-animated and superbly-put-together titles in the known universe, and it shall bestow upon Tomb Raider the Bitch-Slap of Infinite Punking, and Lara Croft shall fall to her knees and worry about her implants whilest you traverse through Archaelogical Badassness, disposing of intelligent enemies whilest looking like a Badass of the Most High Magnitude;

5: Eye of Judgment - And the All-Seeing, All-Powerful EyeToy shall look down upon a piece of paper and a bunch of lame-ass cards and turn them into Digital Beasties whom shall wreak havoc across a 3-by-3 arena, and the people shall cry out: My Lord, My Lord, why must I pay for the ability to use further expansion in the game, and on top of that, pay for cards with which to play the game?  And the Mighty and Knowledgeable and Mighty Knowledgeable Knower of Knowledgeable Might, the Lord High Chupacabra, will say unto them: Go ye unto your Playstation Store and pay ye for yon ability to play with expansions, and seek upon the internet yon cards, and ye shall find that they are available online and printable as all hell if ye would will it so, and it will be good, for double-dipping against your fanbase is the most base and evil of all crimes, and should be done not, for this is one fine-ass piece of gaming and stomps the Camera of Infinite 360 Failure into the muck, from which its lens never moves far away;

6: Valkyria Chronicles - And the God of Entertaining Strategy shall rise above the Console of Massive Overpricing and Underrating and shall say, look ye upon my works for they kick ass!  And an odd combination of anime and strategic action shall form in the mists, and upon being placed into yon Console, shall stomp thy mind into much awesome jelly, which is good as it is tasty on crackers and with a can of Dr. Pepper;

7: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - And upon the seventh day, the Mighty Lord Chupster went forth onto the Playstation Store and found there a Playable Demo of Mascotty Cuteness, and downloaded it he did, and installed it, and ran it, and the demo brought him great joy, for it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus, and indeed that platformers were NOT dead, but only driven into sleep by horrendous developers who care not about the Mighty End Users, they who from which all prosperity flows, and yea, Ratchet & Clank are here to save us once more.  The Lord Chupa says to thee: not Sonic, not Mario, not any of the Pantheon of Craptastically-Hopeful Wii Mascots, nor any other in the world, shall ever have a game better than this, and it is beyond good;

8: Little Big Planet - And the Lord Chupa shall fall under the spell of the Sackboy of Massive Cuteness, nestled deep within his Game of Technological Marvel, and the Chupster shall play it henceforth.

9: Heavenly Sword - Having a mighty thirst for blood and carnage upon his lips, the Splendiferous Chupster shall recommend yea, though the Heavenly Sword is not quite God of War, and though it apes this game in many ways, it is still a worthy entry into yonder genre and hot, scantily-clad chicks with Melee Weapons of Much Assbeating shall be his, yea verily, forever and all time.

Here endeth the list, but the Lord Chupster would be remiss if he did not mention the Game of Mega-Prettiness, which is also the Game of Unyieldingly Bad Controls, and the Game of Most Sucking For They-Who-Care-Not-For-The-Snake-That-Is-Solid; approach Metal Gear Solid 4 only if you must, for anyone who is looking for fun would do better to find a Gamecube and a copy of The Twin Snakes; Metal Gear Solid 4 will cause much pain, much throwing of controllers and much unenjoyment of thine system.

Think ye twice upon what the Good Lord Chupster has said, and rejoice, for his knowledge is with you!  Whereas the Chupster quests alone for his knowledge that he may help those that know not.  Goatsucker blessings be with you!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Chupacabra24 said:
    "The Great and Mighty Chupster doth decree that, if one truly desires a masterful experience from the Mighty Machine of Overpricedness and Most High Underratedness, you must acquire the following Exclusive Titles of Infinite Value and Awesomeness and none other, for these are alone the most eyebleeding and funwreaking of all that there are, yea verily.

1: Resistance 2 - A finer shooter with a more compelling ending exists not, and the smooth, lag-free online play, along with addictive cooperative modes, be golden upon even to the heavens;

2: MotorStorm/MotorStorm 2 - Underrated by many including the exalted high Chupster at first, this fine piece of gamery is amongst the sweetest and most enjoyable digital fruit of the racing genre, and any who say differently have obviously not spent more than 5 minutes with it;

3: Warhawk - And lo, an online-only package shall be delivered with USB-rechargable headset, and it shall flutter down upon gossamir wings and blow 30 kinds of epic digital hell out of those that stand against you, and 40 kinds of epic digital hell out of your opinion of what a good online game shall be; and there shall be Jets of Much Badassery and Tanks of Heavy Killing Power and Gun Emplacements of OMG-j00-R-SO-Dead, and Flamethrowers and other treats, and the Lord Chupster shall smile down and say that yea verily, it is good;

4: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - And there shall come to be one of the most masterfully-animated and superbly-put-together titles in the known universe, and it shall bestow upon Tomb Raider the Bitch-Slap of Infinite Punking, and Lara Croft shall fall to her knees and worry about her implants whilest you traverse through Archaelogical Badassness, disposing of intelligent enemies whilest looking like a Badass of the Most High Magnitude;

5: Eye of Judgment - And the All-Seeing, All-Powerful EyeToy shall look down upon a piece of paper and a bunch of lame-ass cards and turn them into Digital Beasties whom shall wreak havoc across a 3-by-3 arena, and the people shall cry out: My Lord, My Lord, why must I pay for the ability to use further expansion in the game, and on top of that, pay for cards with which to play the game?  And the Mighty and Knowledgeable and Mighty Knowledgeable Knower of Knowledgeable Might, the Lord High Chupacabra, will say unto them: Go ye unto your Playstation Store and pay ye for yon ability to play with expansions, and seek upon the internet yon cards, and ye shall find that they are available online and printable as all hell if ye would will it so, and it will be good, for double-dipping against your fanbase is the most base and evil of all crimes, and should be done not, for this is one fine-ass piece of gaming and stomps the Camera of Infinite 360 Failure into the muck, from which its lens never moves far away;

6: Valkyria Chronicles - And the God of Entertaining Strategy shall rise above the Console of Massive Overpricing and Underrating and shall say, look ye upon my works for they kick ass!  And an odd combination of anime and strategic action shall form in the mists, and upon being placed into yon Console, shall stomp thy mind into much awesome jelly, which is good as it is tasty on crackers and with a can of Dr. Pepper;

7: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - And upon the seventh day, the Mighty Lord Chupster went forth onto the Playstation Store and found there a Playable Demo of Mascotty Cuteness, and downloaded it he did, and installed it, and ran it, and the demo brought him great joy, for it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus, and indeed that platformers were NOT dead, but only driven into sleep by horrendous developers who care not about the Mighty End Users, they who from which all prosperity flows, and yea, Ratchet & Clank are here to save us once more.  The Lord Chupa says to thee: not Sonic, not Mario, not any of the Pantheon of Craptastically-Hopeful Wii Mascots, nor any other in the world, shall ever have a game better than this, and it is beyond good;

8: Little Big Planet - And the Lord Chupa shall fall under the spell of the Sackboy of Massive Cuteness, nestled deep within his Game of Technological Marvel, and the Chupster shall play it henceforth.

9: Heavenly Sword - Having a mighty thirst for blood and carnage upon his lips, the Splendiferous Chupster shall recommend yea, though the Heavenly Sword is not quite God of War, and though it apes this game in many ways, it is still a worthy entry into yonder genre and hot, scantily-clad chicks with Melee Weapons of Much Assbeating shall be his, yea verily, forever and all time.

Here endeth the list, but the Lord Chupster would be remiss if he did not mention the Game of Mega-Prettiness, which is also the Game of Unyieldingly Bad Controls, and the Game of Most Sucking For They-Who-Care-Not-For-The-Snake-That-Is-Solid; approach Metal Gear Solid 4 only if you must, for anyone who is looking for fun would do better to find a Gamecube and a copy of The Twin Snakes; Metal Gear Solid 4 will cause much pain, much throwing of controllers and much unenjoyment of thine system.

Think ye twice upon what the Good Lord Chupster has said, and rejoice, for his knowledge is with you!  Whereas the Chupster quests alone for his knowledge that he may help those that know not.  Goatsucker blessings be with you!"
    what
    the 
    fuck
    was
    that
    ?
    !
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By demonbear
    ILOVETHEENOT said:
    "here's my list of what I'd recomend you check out, because I don't know your gaming preferences, I'll list a few different things

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    2. Little Big Planet
    3. Resistance: Fall Of Man
    4. Resistance 2
    5. Folklore
    6. Motorstorm 1
    7. Motorstorm 2
    8. and Metal Gear Solid 4 if your into that type of game"
    This guy wins..... except for that lame Maple Leafs avatar, Leafs sucks dude. :D
    Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sushbag

Everything has already been said.

Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, MGS4, etc.

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By foxhound421

the absolute first game i'd buy is MGS4. it's the best video game i've EVER played on any platform.

geekpimpfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By geekpimpfx
    foxhound421 said:
    "the absolute first game i'd buy is MGS4. it's the best video game i've EVER played on any platform."

Best movie, yes.  Gameplay was kinda weak though
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo
    foxhound421 said:
    "the absolute first game i'd buy is MGS4. it's the best video game i've EVER played on any platform."
    No....

Anyway I recommend Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet. Guess that's all I can "heartily" advise to getting.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekpimpfx said:
    "foxhound421 said:

Best movie, yes.  Gameplay was kinda weak though"
    The gameplay was terrific in my opinion. There was only too little of it in the second half.
    Still MGS4 should be experienced and is a contender for my GOTY.
    ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By ZimpanX

MGS4
    Killzone 2
    Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Resistance 2
    Little Big Planet
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Folklore
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By drakesfortune

Here's how I'd put it, and each of these games is great:

1. Uncharted (my game of the gen and I have a 360 and had a Wii at one point)
    2. MGS4
    3. Little Big Planet
    4. Motorstorm 2 (I can't believe how much fun this game is and I'm not really a huge racer fan)
    5. Ratchet and Clank Future TOD
    6. Warhawk if you're a multiplayer fan
    7. Resistance 2
    8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    9. Heavenly Sword
    10. Resistance 1 (this would be higher if the multiplayer from R2 didn't kick it's ass)
    11. Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds

I can wholeheartedly recommend each of those games.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hexpane

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Valk Chron

IMO are the  only 2 absolute must haves.  Heavenly Sword is nice to show off the graphics and the hawtness of Nariko but good lord is the gameplay boring.  GT5pro is also a nice graphics showpiece.   But for gameplay, Drake and VC are the absolute must have must play (exclusives)

there are a bunch of multi plat titles that are good, but often lose the head2heads vs XBOX or PC etc..

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#31  Edited By Valkyr

It's amazing how Folklore is not taken as a good Ps3 exclusive in this kind of posts and in every gaming site, it's like it never existed altough it had very good reviews when it was released. But yes, basically the other games that were mentioned here are great

Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

Also if u like Heavenly Sword definetly get God of War 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.