Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

is there a way to change the avatars

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

i meen i like sly raccoon  and thats why i chose it as my avatar on psn  but  dont want it representing me for the life of my ps3 id  is there a  way i can change it to one of my own pictures  or another pre chosen avatar?

Darkedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Darkedge

Go to account management then edit profile.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By danhimself

i don't think you can use any avatar other then the ones they provide

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we could use just any jpeg or png or w/e. most of their default avatars suck.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DrPepper1990

You cant have the avatar as one of your own pictures but they do have a lot of pre-made avatars you can choose from. Go to account management then edit profile.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thelastguy

Why can't they just let us use are own avys?  Most of the ones they have suck

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru
    thelastguy said:
    "Why can't they just let us use are own avys?  Most of the ones they have suck"
    Yeah. It's a bummer. Perhaps they'll let us in the future... But if Home ever gets released, they probably won't be concerned about profile pics anymore.
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brukaoru said:
    "thelastguy said:
    "Why can't they just let us use are own avys?  Most of the ones they have suck"
    Yeah. It's a bummer. Perhaps they'll let us in the future... But if Home ever gets released, they probably won't be concerned about profile pics anymore."
    Hadn't thought of that. Actually, with the release of home I wouldn't doubt you'll see Sony allow you to use a snap shot of your in Home avatar (character) as your online id avatar.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the next thing you know people would have pr0nz in their avis everywhere...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

I quite like my blue shinobi.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lord_canti
    Sentry said:
    "Because the next thing you know people would have pr0nz in their avis everywhere...
    "
    i know thats one of the main problems with  game companys allowing us  to make our own but who would actualy do that if given the chance i know i wouldn't want  that representing me lol. also couldent they mod it a little  and if some one does do that cant they  suspend there account or put them on adult only servers or something like that. another idea would be to only let people who subscribe to quor  make there own it would make more sence than not letting us do it at all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_chojin99 said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Because the next thing you know people would have pr0nz in their avis everywhere...
    "
    i know thats one of the main problems with  game companys allowing us  to make our own but who would actualy do that if given the chance i know i wouldn't want  that representing me lol. also couldent they mod it a little  and if some one does do that cant they  suspend there account or put them on adult only servers or something like that. another idea would be to only let people who subscribe to quor  make there own it would make more sence than not letting us do it at all"

Yeah but many people would. I would love for them to have a system where you can only change your avatar ONCE a month, the first day of every month. Then they have people to go through all of them and approve/deny them, simple as that. If apple has the time to approve all the podcasts on iTunes, Sony can get people to simply glance atan image and approve it/deny it. Right?
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lord_canti

i couldn't agree more sentry that is the best way they could do it to stop people from useing adult material, the only problem is the ammount of people that would want to change there avatar at the same time  and would take a long time to mod :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_chojin99 said:
    "i couldn't agree more sentry that is the best way they could do it to stop people from useing adult material, the only problem is the ammount of people that would want to change there avatar at the same time  and would take a long time to mod :("
    Not really, I mean, people would have 24 hours to make the change/request it. Then they could have a group at Sony just approving/denying avatars all day. It's not hard, just glance at it, and that's it.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

Custom avatars would be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.