Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Post here if you bought Move

• 59 results
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Hey guys. I'm just curious how many GB users bought Move. If you did sign here and if you want post what combo and/or games you bought. For me: 
    - Sports Champion Bundle with Eye and Move controller
    - A second Move controller

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By wrathofconn

Would have been more productive to start a "post here if you won't buy Move" thread.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1
    @wrathofconn: Why? 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Move was bought in my household, though I didn't do the buying. 

Standard bundle with one Ice Cream Cone, the camera, and Sports Champions.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How is it?  I might get it as a christmas present if the reaction to it is positive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Not yet but maybe around Christmas.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
    @xobballox said:
    " How is it?  I might get it as a christmas present if the reaction to it is positive. "
    Disc golf, archery, bocce, and table tennis are by far the best games and fun to play with friends. For me volleyball and gladiator duel suck. I'd say wait a month for "hardcore" games to get support, like MAG.
    Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prolix

Didn't know it was even out.  lol

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " How is it?  I might get it as a christmas present if the reaction to it is positive. "
    Disc golf, archery, bocce, and table tennis are by far the best games and fun to play with friends. For me volleyball and gladiator duel suck. I'd say wait a month for "hardcore" games to get support, like MAG. "
    You claim that Volleyball sucks, therefore this comment has been completely invalidated.  :P
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Sooperspy
    @JJWeatherman: They come with ice cream? Even more of a reason to get one!

May get it for Christmas when there are more games that have Move support.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" @xobballox said:

Disc golf, archery, bocce, and table tennis are by far the best games and fun to play with friends. For me volleyball and gladiator duel suck. I'd say wait a month for "hardcore" games to get support, like MAG. "
    You claim that Volleyball sucks, therefore this comment has been completely invalidated.  :P "
    I only tried it with my brother and it sucked. Is it better alone with two Move controllers or what you would call "Ice Cream cones"?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" @xobballox said:

You claim that Volleyball sucks, therefore this comment has been completely invalidated.  :P "
    I only tried it with my brother and it sucked. Is it better alone with two Move controllers or what you would call "Ice Cream cones"? "
    Doesn't seem like it would be a whole lot different. I guess we just have different tastes. (I do kinda like Volleyball in real life, so that probably helps)
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By elko84

bought the ps3 320gb sports champion bundle

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @RE_Player92: No hardcore games and no hardcore games will ever work on the move. Therefore, I will not purchase it.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By carlthenimrod

@NekuSakuraba said:

" @RE_Player92: No hardcore games and no hardcore games will ever work on the move. Therefore, I will not purchase it. "

Heavy Rain?
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By RainVillain

I haven't purchased it, though I've had some thoughts. Basically all the Move launch games look downright unappealing to me. I was going to get one for Resident Evil 5.. but then realized it only works with Gold Edition (I bought the collector's edtion + DLC -- so I don't want to have to repurchase it again!), so eff that.

The demo for R.U.S.E (well, are you?) didn't do anything for me from a gameplay perspective, but mechanically I found the zooming in and out fascinating. I also heard the Move enhances the game. This would be a possibility, except I don't really care about RTS games... >_>

I'm disappointed that the highlight (according to critics) of the Move launch is a technically competent but soulless sports compilation.... I always expect more from Sony's internal studios so this is disappointing.

Granted, I haven't given up on the Move entirely, but until I start seeing some new, non-casual experiences featuring the wand, this is a "no thanks" for now.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Afroman269

The Wii satisfies my motion needs so I think I'll pass on this unless something cool comes up. Killzone 3 is still meh, I would prefer a controller.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Dany

I'm still a bit iffy if comes with the sub controller, so does it?

Nunchuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nunchuckles

Well I'm probably the only one who went all out on it.  I bought the starter bundle for my girlfriend, and another move controller for her.  I bought two move controllers, start the party, and one navigation controller for myself (already have the eye).  We played it with a bunch of her friends, and it was insanely fun.  But don't buy start the party at all, it's only fun with alot of people, and there aren't that many mini-games in it, feels like a waste of 40 bucks.  Got repetitive after awhile.  But playing on the same team with another person in Sports Champions in Beach Volleyball, with the settings set for both players to Gold, is a lot of damn freakin deakin fun.  And a crazy work out.  Also, Gladiator in gold is a lot fun too.  Can't wait to see the Heavy Rain implementation for it this Wednesday.  But it's mainly been fun with a lot people.  But its really smooth and fluid if that makes any sense, and I can see where shooting would be easier.  But I feel like if they made Ape Escape with the move and navigation controller, then that would launch the success of the Move even more.  Only announced games so far that I'm looking forward to that uses the Move is Killzone 3 and Sorcery.  But I hope someone is out there making a sweet game for it. All in all, it feels great and fun to play with, just wish there was more hardcore stuff out there for me.  Tumble is also really fun too, and it's only 10 bucks.  None of that 15 dollar crap.  I hate how companies are starting to do that now.

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SirBlimE

Bought it, I've got heavy rain and resident evil, plus i bought sports champions. I feel really bad that they didn't get another great launch title, but I'm content for now. Oh and popularity in Denmark is overwhelming(work in the second biggest chain videogame stores) all additional move en nav controllers are sold out.

Edit: Oh and BTW i am in no way regretting my purchase, the precision is amazing, and the time spent with it so far has been great fun!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RE_Player1
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "  @NekuSakuraba said:

" @RE_Player92: No hardcore games and no hardcore games will ever work on the move. Therefore, I will not purchase it. "

Heavy Rain? "
    Plus MAG, The Sly Cooper Collection, Killzone 3, Resident Evil 5. Those are just a few and I'm sure Sony has more down the pipeline. 
    nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By nick_verissimo

I'm sort of interested in that sorcery game. If it were to turn out well, then I'd definitely consider getting one. I'm not that big of a fan of the motion gaming; that gimmick definitely died ten minutes after I finished playing twilight princess lime 4 years ago.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Sorcery turns out to be pretty good I will probably get one.

jws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By jws

I bought only 1 Move controller.  No sub controller, no game.  I already owned a Eye Toy.  I have downloaded the tumble demo and the eyepet demo.  Tumble is cool and my son loves EyePet.  Interestingly there is a demo for a mini golf game on PSNs move section but when you actually try to play the demo with Move it says that Move controls are only available in the full game (that's a fail.)
    I bought the Move really just for a novelty and to justify my past purchase of an Eye Toy which I have used maybe once since purchasing 2.5 years ago.  I am hoping that Sony has a Move controller plus game bundle out to compete with the launch of Kinect in November.
    Move is my first real experience with motion controls.  I only have about 10 minutes of experience with Wii.  I look forward to seeing what Sony can do with this controller.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vodun

Bought the starter pack just for the the reason it's something new. I'm a bit worried about the space it requires though. Anyone living in an apartment get it? I have like 2m between TV and couch...if you stand behind the couch there's probably another meter but then I've got people jumping around my booze cabinet.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I bought it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Cube

I bought it because I'm a giant hypocrite. 

It's not bad, Sports Champions is pretty "whatever", but I am excited to play Killzone 3 with it. Definitely accurate, I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. 

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Franstone

I got it... 

Move sports bundle, extra motion controller, and the nav controller (even though there is basically no use for it yet). 
    Having a blast w/ Sports Champions.  
    Had some good drunken fun w/ it w/ some friends on Friday night.
    Table Tennis, Frisbee Golf, Archery, and Bocce are definately the winners out of the 6 games. 
    Gladiator Duel and Volleyball are so-so (and yes I like the sport of volleyball). 
    I'm actually having the most fun w/ Table Tennis when I've played alone. 
    Archery is real cool w/ or w/out another player. 
    Frisbee Golf and Bocce are obviously multiplayer focused but it doesn't hurt to brush up on some skills to crush the competition...  ; ) 
    Happy w/ it, kicks the Wii's ass, can't wait for more "core" games. 
    Yea, thats right, I said "core". 
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ESREVER
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " Hey guys. I'm just curious how many GB users bought Move. If you did sign here and if you want post what combo and/or games you bought. For me: - Sports Champion Bundle with Eye and Move controller- A second Move controller "

Exactly what I got. Lovin' it.
    VictorDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VictorDeLeon
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    wait until the FPS genre is totally changed because of the move, first : you'll have the reticle moving in a scenery instead of having the scenery moving around the reticle (most like the PC), and you won't have to bear the movement of the reticle from one point to another as you push the stick in one direction, just to have to push in another direction as the target just became hidden.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By valrog

I don't have it yet, but I'm getting a Move Bundle so... Am I allowed to post here?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @RE_Player92
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "  @NekuSakuraba said:

Heavy Rain? "
    Plus MAG, The Sly Cooper Collection, Killzone 3, Resident Evil 5. Those are just a few and I'm sure Sony has more down the pipeline. 
    @VictorDeLeon
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    wait until the FPS genre is totally changed because of the move, first : you'll have the reticle moving in a scenery instead of having the scenery moving around the reticle (most like the PC), and you won't have to bear the movement of the reticle from one point to another as you push the stick in one direction, just to have to push in another direction as the target just became hidden.
    With the move? Yeah, I like playing those games with good controls.

And FPS controls with the move will be bad, nothing even close to the PC controls.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Nadafinga

I bought two Move wands, Sports Champions, and Tumble (I already had the PS Eye).

Janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Janzaruk

Yep, got it. 2 Move controllers, Nav, Sports Champions, RUSE, Tumble, and EyePet 

Add me especially if you have RUSE.  

PSN Mofro

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By KaosAngel

I picked it up with Sports and Tumble. 

Already own Heavy Rain and RE5 so I'm good.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By AuthenticM

I bought a move and subcontroller on saturday, along with the charge station.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Broman6015

Bought two Move controllers, Sports Champions, and I have a redemption code for Planet Minigolf and the new DLC coming out, but haven't punched it in yet. I'm into it. 

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By Castiel

Bought Move starter pack with PS Eyecamera and one Move controller + a bunch of demos that followed with the pack. 

Then I bought one extra Move controller and Sports Champions.

kzeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kzeni

Sports Champions Bundle & the official charger (they were sold out of additional controllers). 

I posted a somewhat lengthy blog post with my impressions here if anyone's interested.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Nadafinga: @KaosAngel: How is Tumble? I've heard mixed things. 
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Raymayne

I did not, it looks shit. Nobody even cares. There's no ads or anything, waste of effing time Sony (Y)

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nadafinga
    @RE_Player92: 
    It's pretty cool, it starts you off pretty slow, and makes sure the learning curve doesn't go too fast, but eventually it gets pretty challenging with the puzzles. It also adds some replayability by offering secondary challenges to stages you've already cleared.
    There's a surprisingly large variation of different modes, and it's a decently long game for the measly $10 price tag. It has local multiplayer too. For those with a Move, it's a no-brainer purchase.
    spooky138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By spooky138

I bought the Sports Bundle pack, an extra Move controller and the navi. 

As for games: Sports (included in the pack), Resident Evil 5 and, don't laugh, Eyepet.  Yes, Eyepet, it's actually fun watching my little critter run around and have it's virtual fun - plus he's black with pruple flames dressed in a pirate scarf, stylin'! 

Spent the most time with Eyepet, then Sports, haven't even cracked open Resi5 yet (damn you Transformers:WFC and your 5X experience this weekend). 

Waiting for Killzone 3 and Sorcery like everyone else, also hopeful for motion control on Pain and Split/Second.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @NekuSakuraba said:

wellll i had a chance to try it out myself and it did work. it worked well. even jeff said socom worked really well.  

edit: ( i played a demo of socom, sorry should have said that)
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Raymayne said:
    " I did not, it looks shit. Nobody even cares. There's no ads or anything, waste of effing time Sony (Y) "
    uh... its selling well. you're name never looked greener. 
    boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By boylie

I bought one mostly for my son, who really wanted to play EyePet, though that Sports Champions game that came with it is actually pretty fun.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nadafinga

Amazon has RE5: Gold Edition for $30, so I ordered that today as well.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

i didn't buy it. i didn't want to because of the games aren't that great. i didn't even know that resident evil 5 had motion controls.

JiggyDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By JiggyDino

I bought one Move and a Nav, already had a camera, but I only downloaded the demo for Tumble and Ruse.  I might download some other demos but I don't think I'll be able to play games like Sport Champion effectively since I have limited space.  I'm crossing my fingers that the Move will help the aiming in MAG cause the aiming in that game is horrible, and since I know it'll never work like Bad Company 2 with a controller, I can only hope, kinda.  Or give up on it if I see the Move doesn't help.

MJHAYLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MJHAYLETT

I bought 2 Move's, a Nav Controller and a copy of Sports Champions :D In the UK it wasn't the pack in game in the bundle and I already had a PSEye. Enjoying Sports Champions and with RE5 and Heavy Rain then I am glad I have all the kit I will ever need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.