Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Slim vs iPod Touch

• 52 results
    Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mercator
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @Wolverine said:
    There's no point of getting a PS3 right now if you have a 360, majority of the games come out on both consoles.   
    • Uncharted 2
    • Metal Gear Solid 4
    • Killzone 2
    • Little Big Planet
    • Gran Turismo 5 (when it's released of course)
    "
    As someone who has had a PS3 since launch I own only 2 of those games. MGS4 and LBP, and honestly I pretty much loathed both. Sure I understand why they are liked, and LBP is a creative wonder that should receive all the praise in the world for its concept, unfortunately I didn't find it to be all that fun to play. GT5 might be great but I wouldnt care because...well...I dont like racing games. KZ2 I tried to love but again...hated. Uncharted 2 looks brilliant, though I havnt played it yet I have full intention of checking it out. What I am getting at is that while these are all well recieved games, it doesnt mean any of them are for everyone. I am a PS3 supporter, I have had one since launch, and it hasnt really done anything for me...aside from Valkyria Chronicles, which was great fun.

That being said, you should get the one you will use more, if you think you wont play the PS3 much...you wont. Also fuck the naysayers, including Gerstman the Ipod touch/Iphone is a gaming platform that I use daily. There is a load of garbage, but also great games that do beyond time sinks, sure in some of them you just jump...but all I require in ANY game is a single strong gameplay mechanic, and many iPhone games have that. So if you will use the iPod features daily I am sure youll find a few games worth checking out, and if you need any recommendations just PM me. So in the end get the one you will use. The most play my PS3 gets is the monthly dusting off.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Manatassi
    @theWarren said:
    " The iPod Touch is nice and all, but as someone that's owned one (and sold it) i wouldn't recommend it.  Unless you're the kind of person that used to use a Palm Pilot, it's not worth it.  A much better idea would be to buy an iPhone, you get all the good stuff from the Touch, but you also get a phone which makes the device much more useful since you'll hae the 3G (or EDGE) connection ALL THE TIME.  WiFI isn't ubiquitous at this point and you will get tired of having to find that WiFI hotspot to do anything cool on the device.  that's why i sold it.  When i met all the requirements to get the full expierience from the touch, it was great.  When i NEEDED it to work...it wouldn't do what i NEEDED it to do.  If these are my two options, i'll say PS3.  I don't have any experience with it yet (it's delivered Wednesday) but it has some perks and i know it will do what i want it to do when i want it done.  If you're still not thrilled with getting the PS3, then don't get a Touch, get an iPhone. "
    Obviously the iPhone is better however I suspect there are budget reasons for not getting the iPhone. The contract commits you and its allot more expensive, clearly this is a one off amount of spare income, thus the Touch.
    theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By theWarren

And i understand that totally.  I guess maybe some of my sore feelings were coming out as i was so excited by the Touch and then felt so let down.  Especially after spending all that money.

I guess the idea of having my cell phone and my multimedia player in one device is great.  Just less things to carry.  If he already has a cell phone, he should look at his monthly payment and see if he's still under contract.  If not and it's not THAT much more a month for the basic plan (which is what i have) the iPhone is a great choice.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#54  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @demontium said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok: Wow.... Really?  PS3 Slim.  If it were an iPhone MAYBE, but a touch is useless. "

Everyone I know that has an iPod Touch (about 20-25 people) regret that purchase. It's like an iPhone Jr. Get the PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.