Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PSN is better then Xbox Live

• 175 results
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By get2sammyb
    Player1 said:
    "I don't know what problems you are talking about, but I'm not having them. I have a ps3 and a 360, and I can't connect to shit with my ps3, but my connection is perfect with live.

A weird coincidence? I don't think so."
    Only problem I've had with my PS3 is within the first hour Home went up it took two attempts to get in.

Everything else has been absolutely fine.

Can't talk about Live because I haven't used it for two years due to selling my system. You might want to get your PS3 troubleshooted if it's not "connecting to shit" because everything works as intended in my region, in my experiences, 99% of the time.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By HandsomeDead
    TTreen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "TTreen said:
    "My only comment on the XBL vs PSN debate is the irony it shines on one of the major talking points of the "console war".  Think about it: 3 years of XBL is $150-$180, added to the price that most people paid for 360s (approx $300-$400), it's just as much as (if not more than) a PS3.  I'm not trying to say that PS3 is better, I just find it humourous that Live users consider the PS3 more expensive when they are in fact the same price in the long run.  Granted, none Live users get a less expensive console, but the lack of online support may not be important to those gamers.

Take it easy Bombers."
    Thanks for invalidating your own point. It makes arguements so much easier."
    I did not invalidate my point, I simply provided a different perspective.  Someone who does not play  online obviously has no reason to care which console has a better online service.  However, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy in buying a Xbox 360 for the purpose of playing online and still considering it a less expensive alternative to the PS3.  In the end, it all has to do with your personal preference in online services and  your choice between spending the same amount of money in one sitting or over the course of several years.  You're mistaking a comment that simply states financial realities with an opinionated arguement, and I apoligize if the way I presented the comment was misleading."
    It's a different viewpoint, but it's a useless viewpoint. Like Jayge said, it's all relative and also, if you're looking in the long run, you may as well factor in the games you're going to buy etc.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By crunchUK
    HandsomeDead said:
    "TTreen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "TTreen said:
    "My only comment on the XBL vs PSN debate is the irony it shines on one of the major talking points of the "console war".  Think about it: 3 years of XBL is $150-$180, added to the price that most people paid for 360s (approx $300-$400), it's just as much as (if not more than) a PS3.  I'm not trying to say that PS3 is better, I just find it humourous that Live users consider the PS3 more expensive when they are in fact the same price in the long run.  Granted, none Live users get a less expensive console, but the lack of online support may not be important to those gamers.

Take it easy Bombers."
    Thanks for invalidating your own point. It makes arguements so much easier."
    I did not invalidate my point, I simply provided a different perspective.  Someone who does not play  online obviously has no reason to care which console has a better online service.  However, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy in buying a Xbox 360 for the purpose of playing online and still considering it a less expensive alternative to the PS3.  In the end, it all has to do with your personal preference in online services and  your choice between spending the same amount of money in one sitting or over the course of several years.  You're mistaking a comment that simply states financial realities with an opinionated arguement, and I apoligize if the way I presented the comment was misleading."
    It's a different viewpoint, but it's a useless viewpoint. Like Jayge said, it's all relative and also, if you're looking in the long run, you may as well factor in the games you're going to buy etc."
    i have to say spending £40 once a year for several years is completely different to spending it all in one go (aka ps3). thats why you have longer and shorter term mortgages silly - so that people can affford them
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By BigBoss1911

Looks at the technical aspects ( reliablility) it is better.But Xbox live is an overall better service as of now.

TTreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By TTreen

"In the end, it all has to do with your personal preference in online services and  your choice between spending the same amount of money in one sitting or over the course of several years"

It is the same idea as a mortgage: some people choose to buy a house upfront, others finance it through a mortgage.  Like I said, it is a personal preference.  One way is not necessarily better than the other, I'm only saying that the price of the two products ends up being the same.  It is much more difficult to calculate games into this equation, as someone could easily spend thousands of dollars on games and make their video gaming budget much larger than that of other users.  I am simply comparing the price of the hardware and it's online capability over an extended period of time.

Handsome Dead, the viewpoint I presented was not "useless".  You could make the agruement that it was irrelevant to this discussion, but uselessness implies that there is no situation in which it is a valid perspective.  I'm sure their are people who purchased Xbox 360s for financial reasons and have never played online, which would make their situation similar to the one I desribed in my second post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HandsomeDead said:
    "It's a different viewpoint, but it's a useless viewpoint. Like Jayge said, it's all relative and also, if you're looking in the long run, you may as well factor in the games you're going to buy etc."
    You gotta add the money you'll use for food those years. And the money you'll use on toilet paper. And rent! AND ELECTRICITY!

OMG THE 360 IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE CONSOLE EVER!!1
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#157  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Wii online is better than SNES online."
    Lol.
    MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By MOLE
    GMhawk said:
    "Okay, last night marked the 3rd time in the last few weeks the Xbox live has had issues. Then I check my gamertag today (which isn't there), shoot over to Major Nelson's website and, low and behold "the team is aware of the issues." Major, you seem like a pretty good guy, and by all accounts you are, but if I see that quote one more time in 2008 I'm going to send my fist through my computer screen.

I love the NXE, everything about it is better than that clunky god-awful blade setup, and I really like my 360 for the most part. Yet, Live is supposed to be the main reason for owning a 360. It's supposed to be the creme de la creme of console online. Than why is it that I'm paying $50/year for this service that is down on a consistent basis? Because my friends are too stubborn to see the light and buy PS3's, that's why.

Yep, that's right, PSN is working just fine. In fact, PSN is NEVER down: certain game servers have issues now and then (see last months Socom and LittleBigPlanet's releases), but PSN as a whole is only ever down for maintenance. This is where Sony's online service method is superior than Microsofts: it's already catching up in functionality, it's free, and a helluva lot more reliable."
    Funny, becuase PSN for me always kicks me off, while on XBL it rarely has problems.  Don't even get me started with Home, which lets me on about 1/4 of the time becuase of "Server Error"

Over all PSN is good, but XBL is so much better when it comes to navigation for the friends list.  Hell, even deleting messages is a pain in the ass, in XBL all you have to push is the X button.
    Mats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Mats

nope.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By samcotts

To be honest, the PSN has been just as good for me as Xbox Live has. Xbox Live doesn't really add anything that is worth the extra cost, but to be fair, it's only a small price every year so it doesn't bother me.

It's a stupid debate.
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#161  Edited By SSbabel

I own both consoles and i agree PSN dominates live, its free and easier to use.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By pause422

Only simple conclusion in a topic like this, especially for resurrecting it: People are stupid.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By wwedx

here we go again

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Jayge_
    wwedx said:
    "here we go again
                                  "
    Let sleeping giants lie.
    BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#165  Edited By BlackWaterCO

PSn is More reliable BUT IT IS NOT BETTER

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#166  Edited By Emilio

Everyone shut the fun up and lock this topic already.

Recession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Recession

Was I the only person who had an Xbox 1, Live sucks, its laggy no matter what u do

44MAGNUMRAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By 44MAGNUMRAM

i personally enjoy PSN compared to XBL.

for gaming and socializing purposed psn suits me better with the games and home.
    i have the blutooth headset  and the chatpad. its just more stylish and hi tec than what xbl offers at the moment.

sorry but cross game chat just isnt worth it when its time to sign the dotted line.

GMhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#169  Edited By GMhawk

Three quick points and then I agree, we should all be done with this:

1. Per Major Nelson, an update hit today to fix the types of issues I've been having with LIVE since the NXE update 
    2. It's a shame that more users aren't able to have a healthy debate or discussion without resorting to name calling 
    3.  I fully agree that LIVE has more features; I was just annoyed I kept getting kicked out 
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By NukeGoBoom

No Caption Provided

pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By pepper_2000

Haha, this kid is funny.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By prinny_god

they are the same damn thing on both systems you click play online in any game and guess what it plays online
    the only difference is 360 people are paying $50 for it and since they have been paying for it  the 360 fanboys will defend it to death 

CarlosX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By CarlosX360
    DavidNTLB said:
    "don't you need to download patches for PS3 multiplayer?"
    ..........And your point is?
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#174  Edited By chililili

How about we let this thread die! Who keeps digging it up anyway?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By crunchUK
    chililili said:
    "How about we let this thread die! Who keeps digging it up anyway?"
    you

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.