Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

How soon before Knack and/or Killzone hit PS+

avarix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'd say Knack is a definite but i'm not so sure about Killzone.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I think Killzone is more likely to become a F2P multiplayer game, much like they did with Killzone 3. With the single player campaign free for playstation plus members several months down the line.

So, eventually, but they tend to wait a fair amount of time when it comes to games becoming free, to not peeve early adopters.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jay_ray

Spring/summer of 2015 for free. Discounted around E3 2014.

Edit: Random guess

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My guess would be 1.5 to 2 years. At some point you have to wait until the price has been in the more trivial range for awhile (like $20) to not make purchasers feel ill will. The F2P multiplayer mention regarding killzone seems likely at a sooner date though.

My guess would be a handful of interesting indies added to PS+ in the inter min period, and another AAA type one added after drive club that goes straight to PS+ before any retail releases are added.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, in North America it takes a year minimum, right?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@opus said:

I think Killzone is more likely to become a F2P multiplayer game, much like they did with Killzone 3. With the single player campaign free for playstation plus members several months down the line.

So, eventually, but they tend to wait a fair amount of time when it comes to games becoming free, to not peeve early adopters.

Killzone 3 wasn't free to play. They just offered an extended trial that cut off at like level 10 and asked you to buy the game to keep playing.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd say no sooner than 6 months from now after the library fills out some more.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Knack will be the first retail ps4 game to be free. I can't imagine it will take too long, it depends on sales though I suppose.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

Knack is probably coming within six months, Killzone will be sometime after six months.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll see down the line. No point guessing.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some are overestimating how quick these games come to PS+. It's usually a fair amount of time.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder if ps plus will give 2 games on ps4 every month i think it is hard because there are not as many games, i think they will only one

from 2014 util some more games come from indies ( knack and killzone could be given at the ps4 1 year anniversary 15-11-2014)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spoonman671

@excast said:

I think some are overestimating how quick these games come to PS+. It's usually a fair amount of time.

I'm just thinking about Vita and how fast some of its launch titles ended up on PS+. Even Uncharted: Golden Abyss was included within a year after launch. Most PS+ games are older on PS3, but there are more games available on the platform and older games involve less loss for Sony and publishers to give away. The PS4 simply won't have "old" games for its first year. Also, more of those games are third-party titles, which are more expensive for Sony to include in PS+. Knack and Killzone could be included with less risk of loss.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

Knack will be real soon. I predict to expect it around March.
    Killzone? Probably late next year if any.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By excast

@alexgbro said:

i wonder if ps plus will give 2 games on ps4 every month i think it is hard because there are not as many games, i think they will only one

from 2014 util some more games come from indies ( knack and killzone could be given at the ps4 1 year anniversary 15-11-2014)

I've sort of wondered that too. And with PS3 games not being available on the system it seems like it will mostly be downloadable indie stuff for awhile.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing a couple years. I think we'll continue to get indies on PS+ for a long time before we start to see any of the retail launch titles for free. The games aren't even discounted yet.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you go by how long it took Uncharted and Gravity Rush to hit PS+ for Vita I'd say 3-5 months

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@squidc00kie said:

If you go by how long it took Uncharted and Gravity Rush to hit PS+ for Vita I'd say 3-5 months

Yup, came here to say that.

Then again, the Vita wasn't doing nearly as well as the PS4 is right now, so maybe 6-9?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Raven10

It really depends on a lot of factors. How well is the console doing? (1 million on the first day isn't too shabby at all) How well are the games doing? How many users are adopting PS Plus? For Vita they had most of the launch lineup on Plus within a year, and quite a few within six months. Sony usually does a major refresh around E3 each year. So I'd expect to see the first batch of major retail games to hit PS Plus then. I would bet that Knack hits within 3 or 4 months though considering the low review scores. If it sells really well then maybe not, but I doubt it will. Killzone I would expect we'd either have to wait until at least E3, or to get an Uncharted 3/ Starhawk type thing where the single player portion goes free on PS Plus with the MP still either having an upfront cost or micro-transactions.

EDIT: Thought I would add that as of this month I believe the only major Vita exclusives to not hit Plus are AC: Liberation, COD, LittleBigPlanet, and Killzone. Essentially every launch game as well as every other first party exclusive has hit PS Plus but LBP and Killzone.

BantrosBantros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought all PS+ games had to get 70 or above on Metacritic. Doesn't that make Knack not good enough for it? Pretty hilarious if that is the case.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Knack is probably coming within six months, Killzone will be sometime after six months.

This is my guess, too. I'd say Killzone, or at least some part of it, will be up before the end of 2014. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Knack appeared this March.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought all PS+ games had to get 70 or above on Metacritic. Doesn't that make Knack not good enough for it? Pretty hilarious if that is the case.

Totally my first thought upon seeing the scores!

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd think sooner than most of the answers. Next year for sure. They need PS4 games for PS+ members. The launch games will be the "oldest" available to give away for free so they will for sure start trickling them out early next year. I'd think Knack would be the first after the holiday rush. I bet Knack sales fall of really quickly after the new year.

paulmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMmmm. I think with the Vita, Sony's hand was forced to offer up newer free games to sell systems. As the PS4 seems to be selling really well, I think we can expect a slightly different model for PS+ than we've been used to.

That is to say, I think the majority of free stuff will be indies a la Contrast. And we will get truncated versions of retail PS4 games (see Driveclub PS+ Edition). And within the year, I imagine Gaikai will be playing a huge part of the PS+ instant game collection.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I think Knack is pretty underrated personally but the market and critics have spoken, so it will be bargain bin and PS Plus fodder in months probably, not years. We'll see how its reputation changes once everyone tries it for nothing.

Killzone... they'll probably keep that a $60 highlight for quite a while, if for no other reason than to keep its rep as a system seller (deserved or not). The reviews are all over the place and it's got a strong market presence, so they would be shooting themselves by calling it a failure and slapping it up on Plus in a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.