Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What F2P game do you game on your PS4?

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slowpork

Hi everyone! Summer is coming up and with that also comes gorgeous weather (hopefully), so long hours of gaming sessions is in my case limited because one gotta get that vitamin D. With limited amount of time to game I tend to look for F2P titles because when buying a game I feel obligated to make an effort to spend time and get myself invested in the game's contexts.

So far I've tried Paragon and I'm liking what I've played so far but a system involving cards that has effect on character's and ultimately the player's performance is in my honest opinion one of recent gaming designs worst travesties.

But enough of design talk, my question and topic for this thread is:

What's your preferred F2P game for the PS4 when you just want to drop in and drop out for a short time period.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I enjoyed Neverwinter quite a bit. Getting to the level cap is like playing a co-op / single player RPG with a very basic story and poor presentation. Once you've hit the level cap, the MMO elements really start to ramp up, but the presentation gets a lot better as well.

I don't like the idea of "come back here and do this task every day for several days to progress" though, so I stopped playing shortly after that. Kind of a shame, because the combat in that game is pretty fun. I'd still say it's well worth playing until the game starts to drag, though.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paragon by a mile. The card system is absolutely a pain for a bit, but once you get some games under your belt it evens out. Plus epic is reworking the system fairly soon. The game has had some pretty low points over balancing last year, but since the new map update I've been having a blast.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None what so ever. None of them really speaks to me tried a few of them, but nothing really keeps me interested or captured.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed my time with Warframe very fun game.

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slowpork

And is it just me or is the aiming of Paladins way too floaty? Compared to other FPS's controls it just seem like the player is moving through jello.

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danishingact: Gonna stick with it for a while too. In its favor it's also a great looking game.

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dopplerganger

Let it die senpai

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let it Die. Tried warframe but fell off pretty quick.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played about 40 hours of Warframe, but there are waaaaaay too many great games in my backlog for me to go back to it. I'd like to try Paragon soon, though, just to see what it's all about.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I've just today downloaded paragon and paladins. Had a couple games of paladins and my God does that game rip of overwatch. Plays well enough though. As for paragon I've only ever played one Moba and loved the game play. The game itself was horrendous though (guardians of middle earth ps4)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DOA Last Round. The roster of characters isnt that huge if you dont buy any of them though. I just bought my main and play whichever characters are in rotation for arcade mode while I wait to play online. And yeah Let it Die is good until you hit the halfway point. (It's kind of like an arcade game in that aspect I guess)

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Used to be DOA before I bought the "premium version", now it's Let It Die.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently Skyforge for a bit, Marvel Heroes is installed but I'm holding off until the progress wipe in a week or so then I'm gonna go hard at that. Previously a TON of Let it Die and Neverwinter, plus a bit of Warframe. I should play more Warframe since it's real good but not that much time.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: Just to note, most of the designs in Paladins had concept art well before Overwatch was even announced. Realistically, they're common character types.

That said, it is sorta floaty and it definitely feels like pre-release. I'd hold off on that. Paragon is pretty neat, albeit I am awful at it. Warframe feels better on PC to me, to be quite honest.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FrodoBaggins
    Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe I forgot about let it die. However the permadeath thing makes me anxious because I get invested in my characters and the thought of my progress going poof is off putting.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent the most time with warframe and let it die, also played a good amount of DC universe but mostly on the ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.