Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Question for those with Target preorders

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So this is the first time I have ever pre-ordered anything through Target, and I can't find any thread or answer anywhere about when they tend to update their delivery estimates. So far it just says between the 13th and 18th. Other companies like Amazon seem to be giving the correct date now, but not with Target.

Does Target just update at or very close to release with pre-ordered items?

Avatar image for gearedbackwards
    gearedbackwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure what time Target usually updates pre-orders, but I have seperate pre order for the Demon's Souls remake that just updated saying it would arrive next Wednesday. My PS5 pre order still says what yours says, however.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I have Amazon and I don't have a date despite pre-ordering on day 1. None of the service people seem to know what's up. All they say is "it looks like it's on track for an on-time delivery" but none of them will define what "on time" is.

timoneous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By timoneous

Based on what I've read from a couple people, we might be lucky that we haven't had our Target pre-order cancelled entirely.

I ended up securing a pre-order for both systems from Target and it shows a similar delivery window for both. The XSX is a window between the 11th and 16th...the PS5 is between the 13th and 18th. As of today (Sunday the 8th), neither of them have a shipping notification.

Extra context: I also per-ordered Demon's Souls for PS5 from Target, that already shipped and I have a tracking number showing that it should arrive on release day...*shrugs*.

EDIT: A few hours after I posted this, now the XSX is "Preparing to Ship".

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timoneous: Based off of this, then I believe we will know 3 or 2 days ahead of launch

Peleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker: Seeing as target now uses stores as small distrabution centers then it is a possibility your order may get packed on release day and then sit in a fedex ground trailer for 3-4 days before it leaves the store as that happens at my store all the time. i would hope they would ship them Air but you never know.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I've been keeping an eye on the PS5 reddit and it looks like people are starting to receive shipping updates. Sounds like the Series X & S preorders were a similar situation and didn't start receiving notifications until today. My copy of Sackboy shipped over the weekend and is set to be here on Wednesday. Target's website shipping details often take longer to update than the FedEx tracker - it originally said Sackboy wouldn't be here until next week but the FedEx one has always said Wednesday.

When Switch preorders happened I saw similar situations with people ultimately receiving them on release day from Target. We shall see!

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's anything like the Series X then they don't even ship until day of release so it updates until 2 days before.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sharing y'all. This makes me feel a little bit more relieved in waiting.

Poly-Gons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same for me it says between the 13th and 18th on the app 🤞

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered from Target. My card was charged today, which should mean it’s shipping. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltcolumbo: I wonder if it's gonna start going now and tomorrow based on when people got the preorder in

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Same here: Pre-Ordered from Target and still getting Nov 13 - Nov 18, but Miles Morales has already said it is shipping and will be here on the 18th

timoneous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As of this morning, I have a FedEx tracking number, but no confirmed delivery date yet on my XSX. So far there's been no movement on my PS5 preorder even if my Demon's Souls disc has already shipped and is scheduled to deliver on 11/12...lot of good that'll do me if I have no system yet.

Oh, well...it's not like I took time off this week to play these things. I caught Covid last week and I'm quarantined at home working for this week and next week. I have the week of Thanksgiving off to play to my heart's content.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PS5 is showing as preparing for shipment. No tracking number yet but the fact that it updated is a good sign.

Poly-Gons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Estimation changed today my app says Wed Nov 18 now.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like all Target orders are updating. Seems like progress is getting made. Must be extremely busy for all of these companies this week. Hopefully their workers are compensated well.

Noobmannnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wednesday the 18th for me as of today, the 11th. The FedEx tracking number doesn't work, though.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Mine was updated today. Target.com is saying the 18th. FedEx tracking number didn't work for a while but is now saying by end of day Friday. May not be launch day but it's still exciting!

Noobmannnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmannnn: Replying to myself just to say that mine came today, out of the blue. Don't know what the 18th date was but I'm not complaining. Might be worth checking your tracking #s everyone. Sorry for the bump.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are getting immediately, others are still later this week or next week. Glad they are shipping them smoothly

Poly-Gons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice congrats !! Where do you guys see the Fedex number ? Did you get an email ?

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
    AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtheistPreacher

Thought I may as well share my own tale of doing battle with the online retailers today. My brother and I were both hitting all the various pages hard all today (also last night).

My brother succeeded in getting a PS5 direct from Sony right when they went live at 3pm ET. By the time he told me he had secured a system and I got in, they were gone. He says they're telling him two-day shipping once it ships, but not clear when that will be. Hopefully soon.

I myself finally succeeded just now on the third wave of Walmart re-stock at 6pm ET. I got an email that told me it will arrive "by November 25." Which, ya know. I don't really mind waiting a few weeks as long as it means I don't have to keep refreshing ten different web pages all day. And who knows, maybe it'll come earlier.

Of course we're both hoping we don't get order cancellation emails, because with how much of a feeding frenzy this whole thing has been, seems like it's not out of the realm of possibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.