Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

A quick question about PS2 classics on PSN.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

For those of you who have bought a PS2 classic game on PSN, have you noticed any differences? Does the game still control as it did on the PS2? Does the PS3 help in any way to smooth out the graphics or is it just the vanilla PS2 game?

I want to get Need for speed:most wanted but I already own it on my PS2. Is the cost of the PS2 classics ($15.95 AU AND $10 in the US) worth it to avoid having to dig out my PS2 console?

Thanks.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

Have you purchased any PS1 classics? They work the same way, they don't look any better but the emulation has not had any problems from what I can tell. Although for what it's worth the only PS2 classics I own are games I never played on the PS2 or in one case only played a few hours of.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zeushbien

I bought God Hand on there and there doesn't seem to be any clear difference.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Masha2932

@DarkShaper: I haven't purchased any PS1 classics. If I choose to buy NFS:MW it will be my first 'classics' purchase. Also what are your thoughts on the value proposition?

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DarkShaper

@Masha2932 said:

@DarkShaper: I haven't purchased any PS1 classics. If I choose to buy NFS:MW it will be my first 'classics' purchase. Also what are your thoughts on the value proposition?

I feel like the pricing on PSN for the "classics" are fine since I only buy games that I don't have a copy of on another platform and I like not needing to switch discs, plus a lot of the PS1 classics I have are kind expensive on disc these days. That being said, I don't think I would buy a game I already had since they don't look any better. So if your PS2 and old copy of the game are easy to hook up and in good condition I would pass on the PS3 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.