Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Is there any good way to gift games on PSN?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Is there anywhere where you can buy codes for games to redeem on PSN? Next month Dead or Alive 5 Last Round comes out and I really want to play with my one friend but she doesn't have the money to buy games right now so I thought it would be neat to just surprise her and buy the game for her. Problem being I don't know if I can actually buy codes or gift games. And asking her out of the blue for her address is going firmly into creeper territory seeing as we're mostly just online friends so sending her a physical copy is out of the question. Is there anywhere online where I can legitimately buy PSN codes for games?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I'm pretty sure there isn't. I'd suggest setting up a burner PSN account, buying the game and having both you and her download it to your respective systems from that account.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@demoskinos: There's no legit way to buy her a copy digitally and send it over PSN. The best you could do would be like @mosespippy said or buy one of those PSN gift cards and send her the code for the $50 or whatever.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just buy a prepaid PSN card for the amount of the game and then you can email the code so she can buy it herself. Little less personal but its pretty much the only way.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

If I recall correctly, there once was a announcement that you could buy digital PS4 games through Amazon. I will look into it.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Network/b?ie=UTF8&node=1289533011

EDIT 2: DoA 5 LR is not available as a PS4 digital code.

Cannot hotlink on mobile, sorry. There was that Free 2 Play DoA on PS3. You can play that offline versus and online multiplayer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Hmm well thanks. Looks like buying a PSN $50 code and giving that to her might be the best option. Thanks for answering! :)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Just buy a prepaid PSN card for the amount of the game and then you can email the code so she can buy it herself. Little less personal but its pretty much the only way.

^^^^ This

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By egg

I think it's crazy that you can't gift games on PSN or eshop. Mega Man X4 was on sale on PSN a while back for under a dollar. I would've bought everyone here a copy. But thankfully this was impossible, so I keep my money and Sony doesn't have it. OH WELL. ¯\(°_o)/¯

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.